Help with Mouseover Macro

I am trying to set up a macro for my prot paladin and having some trouble. I was hoping to use a mouse over macro for my Hand of the Protector spell, but it doesnt work, it only heals me or my target if i click them and the mouseover part never works. My mouse over macros for all my other healing spells all work.

Here is what I’ve tried so far:

#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Hand of the Protector; Hand of the Protector

I also tried:

#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,nodead,exists] [help, nodead, exists] [target=player] Hand of the Protector

both of these work for all my other heals spells though?

thanks!

I’d use “help” instead of “exists” so that it won’t fail if you’re moused over an enemy. You can also replace “target=mouseover” with “@mouseover” But neither of those things are causing the problem you’re seeing.

Here’s a cleaned up version of your first macro:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, help, nodead][]Hand of the Protector

I don’t see any reason why your macro shouldn’t be working, though. Did you make sure you actually dragged the macro to your action bar? (It sounds silly, but I’ve done that one on a couple of occasions when I had the non-macro spell already on the action bar.)

I’d also check for keybinding conflicts. Try moving the macro to a keybind where one of your similar macros is and see if it works there. If it does, then see if you have a addon or something messing with your keybindings. (Or if your keybind includes any modifiers, check for conflicts there as well.)

1 Like

Which key do you have it bound to?

Better Macro:

#showtooltip
/cast [talent:5/3,@mouseover,help,nodead] [] Light of the Protector

i will try your version just go be sure.

i dont think its something like the not dragging it or other things hotkeyed, but ive also done dumber stuff in the past so i will double check that as well. Thanks

If you have it bound to a mouse button then unit frames will eat the click and the spell won’t cast. You’ll need an addon like Clique to get around that limitation.

1 Like