Help with cloning a character

So I have some characters that are on TBC Classic now. I have a saved version though but it’s not cloned. When I login to the classic client, it says I can activate clone, but it doesnt’ say there’s a price. Is just says to input my characters name to confirm decision.

So what happens if I do this, will I lose my TBC toon? What happens after you press confirm?

2 Likes

I think you keep your TBC Character; it’s a clone version so that should mean it’s more than one character after that point.

But I could be wrong.

is the toon 61+ ? have you logged into it from TBC client?

its lvl 70 in tbc now but i played it in classic vanilla too

1 Like

well he wont magically become a level 70 classic toon.

you’ll probably hit a paywall at some point. just click and see what happens.

i have toons i left behind and they sit there when i open them from the wrong launcher, probably indirectly offering me to clone them.

You will be prompted to pay $15 which will unlock the level 60 version (or whatever level you were at the time the “snapshot” took place) along with everything you had in your inventory, gold, profession skills, etc.

For me it appears the snapshot took place a day or so prior to the TBC Pre-Patch which at the point of my snapshot I had leveled BSing up to 260, cooking was at like 250ish, and fishing was at 150. Which means now I have to re-level these skills to 300 again since I didn’t have them maxed at the time of the snapshot.

At least now I have something to work on in Classic on this character, whats very nice too is mining nodes are abundant as all the farmers have moved onto to TBC!

Take the leap!!

-Hollow