Help: Quest Disappeared from Log before completed

Archaeology quest:
Starts off with a breadcrumb quest from npc Dariness the Learned in Dalaran (Legion); “Academic Explorations”
This sends you to an npc in Azsuna, Tae’thelan Bloodwatcher, who then gives the quest “Tried and True”. You have to dig up 15 Azsunian keymold pieces in various Aszuna digsites. This leads to “Keys to Success”.
So… I started this on another character of mine, seeing as I completed it a while back on Mercanix here… I only dug up 1 keymold piece, then decided to level my alt some more before continuing. Finally went back to Aszuna, only to realize the quest “Tried and True” was no longer in my quest log. I don’t think I accidently abandoned it, but even if I had… I should be able to pick it up again from the quest npc. Thing is, the npc, Tae’thelan, is no longer there - or anywhere. The original breadcrumb npc in Dalaran no longer has the lead-in quest available, cuz I technically completed it.

I sent in a ticket, but only got sent back a canned response the next day about logging and relogging, abandoning the quest and trying again… basically my ticket wasn’t read through.

So, anyone here have any ideas how the heck I can get this quest back again?

Legion Archaeology quests are on a rolling schedule that changes every two weeks. If you don’t get it done by the time the two week window ends it is gone, and you would have to move on to the next one (which is currently Fel Fragments in Val’sharah).

If you want that specific quest you will have to wait until it comes around again in the schedule. Unfortunately since they go in order it will be a while.

2 Likes

Ooohhhh… no kidding? Well shoot, okay. Do you happen to know, or where I can find, the schedule list so I know when to go looking for it again?
And yeah, I did go ahead and pick up that ‘Fel Fragments’ one tonight.

They are basically up once every six months in rotation. There’s a comment listed by a user on the wowhead guide that lists all the expected dates through 2024.

1 Like