HELP please

Hello happy Easter just a quick question here I main a hunter and working on alt prot warrior now if I get purification essence rank 3 on my hunter will the Nullifcation essence be sold for Ny’alotha currency on my prot warrior

Those are two different essences aren’t they? You can only buy tokens off MOTHER for essences you’ve already unlocked at rank 3.

Hence why dps mains who want essences for their healer or tank alts are screwed.

The only way around it was to ensure your main is a hybrid class to begin with.

Except they aren’t. They made it so you can buy essences that you’ve unlocked the equivalent for another role. As a side effect, you can also buy the essences for other specs on your main if you don’t have them already.

1 Like

Huh? Since when? I saw many a post on this forum of people raging cause of exactly the issue I described when the changes were first implemented.

Shortly after people started complaining about it. I’ll see if I can dig up the post where they announced the change.

I’d be curious how Blizz figured out what an equivalent dps essence for an e.g. tank essence was lol.

it was hotfixed shortly after the system was released.

Did they fix the alt spec issue? Last time I looked, if you unlocked the essence for one spec you had to buy it on a different character before it would unlock for your other specs. Utterly stupid, but predictable with that system.

And yes, otherwise it does work for any essence that has the same source as one you already have at rank 3.

It’s based off of what unlocks it. For example, if you unlocked an essence on a DPS that needs a certain rep, you can buy any of them that need that same rep.

Here’s the hotfix note on it; look at March 20.

Restrictions on acquiring role-specific Azerite Essences from MOTHER have been lifted.
Rank 3 tanking, healing, and damage-specific Essences are now grouped together and can be purchased with Echoes of Ny’alotha when at least one is unlocked on a character.
* Spark of Inspiration, Unwavering Ward, Strength of the Warden (obtained from Horrific Visions)
Touch of the Everlasting, Spirit of Preservation, Breath of the Dying (obtained from reputation with Rajani)
Blood of the Enemy, Artifice of Time, Sphere of Suppression (obtained from Battlegrounds)
Condensed Life Force, Vitality Conduit, Azeroth’s Undying Gift (obtained from raiding in The Eternal Palace)
Essence of the Focusing Iris, Life-Binder’s Invocation, Anima of Life and Death (obtained from Mythic Keystone dungeons)
Developers’ note: This update to the new Echoes of Ny’alotha system is intended to make Essences much more available to your characters whose specializations put them in different roles (tanking, healing, damage). A side-effect of this change is that even a single character now has a way to obtain these off-role Essences, and can either use Echoes to purchase them from MOTHER or use the original means of acquisition.

Ah. Nice. I stopped paying attention after the initial uproar cause one of my mains is a pally anyway lol.

Thank you everyone for your time and help