Help Picking Spec

Just leveled a Shaman with intentions of playing Enhancement, but I’m curious if i should switch to elemental.

I prefer easier classes, I’m over 30, and prefer to have fewer buttons to push, when I played LoL I preferred to play simpler champions to climb up to diamond

I also want to be able to do pretty good dps in raids, I don’t really participate in M+ Dungeons

My 2 mates who I will play 2’s and 3’s with are a Disc Priest and an Aff warlock

RBGS is my preferred content, the order of importance to me would be

RBGS > Raid DPS > 3s/2s > Mythic +

I know these threads probably get old, so thanks for the response

Based on this, i would probably recommend elemental.

However shaman is a very button intensive class. Theres alot of utility with totems and stuff so you are going to have alot of keybinds regardless.

For a normal “rotation” i think elemental is much fewer buttons, but when you add in all the totems and non-damaging abilities its probably a wash.

yup go elemental and primal elemental its good in pvp and pve and minimal buttons to press.

Based just on your “fewer buttons to press” requirement, I would suggest ele as well. All specs of shaman have an above-average number of buttons to press, but enh is truly nutty. I have 14 keys mapped to mod/nomod (so 28 abilities), plus another 6 that are single button presses (because they’re farther away), plus a mouse key that’s mapped to nomod/shift/ctrl for my lightning shield, windfury & flametongue for a total of 37 different abilities/spells/items.

Ha ha. I feel you with the whole, “I’m over 30 and that’s too dang many buttons…”

Enhancement will give ya the carpel tunnel

3 Likes

“Grandad, why can’t you open your fingers all the way?”

“I played Enhancement shaman when I was young…”

2 Likes