Help or tips for Unholy Mage Tower

Hello friends! I’m not a main DK but I want to have the set with all my alts.
So far, this is the hardest challenge I 've faced, Agatha is always at 95%. I got overwhelmed with imps and it seems I’m not doing enough damage.

I’ve been watching videos, guides, but nothing seems to work.

Do you guys have additional tips to make this more manageable (Git Gud I know)?

Have you tried out running Ebon Fever? I think it’s really useful when dealing with imps. Also, are you using consumables etc?

1 Like

I have not tried EF, cause most guide that I saw said I need UB. But I think I less active ability could be useful for me. Ill give it a try.

Yes, I’ve been using BFA flasks, shadowlands mastery food and oil. I haven’t been using potions, my plan is to use potions in the last phase.

I posted some of my own tips and thoughts on this fight:

The gist of the fight is that it’s all about add management. Adds are both your friend and enemy in this fight. Friend because with soul reaper they let you do more dps. Enemy because they’re preventing you from killing agatha. The fight is 80% imps, 10% boulders, 10% Agatha. A good fight is one where you know what you’re doing with imps.

If you’re struggling this hard stop wasting consumables. At this point you’re throwing away money if you have no idea what’s going on in the fight (no offense, just trying to help you save money).

Fuming imps - NEVER STOP MOVING. Try to never bump into them. The more of them explode, the harder the fight will be. If the two places she ports between are too covered up, may as well restart. This is the deadliest, worst imp, and the TRUE boss of this encounter. Use chains of ice if need be. Cleave from afar. Just kill them to get out of the way.

Asphyxiate and grip are for imp servants. You run back as you see them and start dpsing them. Once you get comfortable you might even wait for them to come by and do your rotation from there. You choke one, and then grip another as he starts casting (IMPROTANT this will silence it as opposed to just making him come to you for a few sec).

The lots of imps phase is the easiest one. Unholy blight + dark transformation and try to get everyone between. You can macro the two as this is the only instance you’ll use them together. You can use /petattack macro with clawing shadows to direct your ghoul.

If you see imp servants, fuming imp, tons of imps all at once this is a good thing because now you can just use unholy blight + dark transformation to kill all of them quickly. As you pop both of those abilities do your asphy+grip combo to stop servants from healing still (unless theyre dying quickly, save it for next time they come).

If you’re feeling overhwelmped, this is your priority: prevent imp servants from casting, kill umbral imps (typically easy), AND NEVER STOP MOVING with fuming imps. Killing umbrals with UH+DT is so easy I just started prioritizing fuming imps instead, but sometimes there’s stragglers, yknow?

Once you start getting the hang of the imps, you’ll have to learn boulder dodging. They follow a pattern. Don’t be afraid to prioritize the whole platform. Their hitbox is a bit too big, so make extra space. Be mobile and aware.

Once you get the hang of imps and boulder dodging then that’s the whoel fight. You can start buying your consumables

2 Likes

Also for future references, the best time to use consumables is beginning. Drums, unbridled, whatever, you want it at beginning. Why? Because she doesn’t start moving until 50% hp. It might be worth it to use another unbridled later and line everything up but you’ll have to be super careful with the timing of her teleport. I didn’t use drums or pot again.

2 Likes

Just going to post my video if you haven’t seen it before:

4 Likes

I used your guide to beat it so, can confirm to OP it works it works! :joy:
I preferred using unholy blight though, only thing I did different, because then I didn’t need to use virulent plague and helped in some instances to infect incoming imps.

3 Likes

thanks for the tips guys, ill put in practice what I have learn here today!.

Happy Holidays!!

2 Likes