Help my raid with mythic Shad'har - logs provided

Hi,

here are two logs from our best attempts at mythic Shad’har

We either run 6 healers which keeps people alive and we run into not enough DPS, or we run 5 healers and people aren’t making it long enough.

Can anyone provide specific insights based on the data? What mechanics are we failing at, is our total DPS / HPS on par. As a healer I Feel that we are taking damage in areas we shouldn’t, but my perspective is biased.

Please be as specific as possible. We understand “people are dying early” and “6 healers is too many healers”. We need to know what we can do to cut back on required healers, improve DPS, and survive.

I really appreciate your time.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/MHADfnvxzrgJF92W#fight=59&type=summary

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Qx7ckNgFKYHDrj1d#fight=21

Edit: Not sure if links work - getting an error message.

I’ve only done this fight on Heroic, but the first thing that jumps out to me is that damage dealers are dying to avoidable mechanics from Heroic, not to Mythic mechanics. Perhaps they need to realize that the healers have enough extra load that damage dealers can’t expect to be healed through their mistakes, and need to prioritize avoiding avoidable damage even if it means their DPS is a little lower.

I didn’t check the tank swaps but they aren’t dying, so that’s probably okay. I was too lazy to check the positioning.

1 Like

I’m only having a quick look right now as I’m on my phone but a lot of you dps is was too low. You have way too many people standing in Unbral Eruption (purple puddles), that’s a very easy mechanic and the heroic one Liana is talking about. That should take a large load of the healers.

Overall your numbers are fairly low, not enough of your dps is pre potting, ideally every single player (healers included) should be pre potting and healers should use any spare gcd’s to do damage.
I had a quick compare to one of my guilds kills and you guys are needing 140k hps more than us, this looks mostly to be just poor mechanics but as I said I haven’t had a detailed look yet.

2 Likes

Looking over the replay you guys are doing some interesting things. You are spreading around the room in the first 2 phases, ideals you want to all me spread in a semi-circle around one half of the room so the person with the Living Miasama can run to a predefined spot away from everyone.
In the last phase when everyone is grouped up you can just run it away from the group.

It also looked like you were feeding him every Tasty Morsel, you only need to feed every second one, you may be running out of carriers in other pulls but I obviously can’t see that.
Also looks like your tanks need to move him further and more often in the last phase, they seem to be only moving him a small amount and you’ll be surrounded by Bubbling Overflow. There’s plenty of room in there so move to give everyone space.

Debilitation Spit also seems to be killing a few of you, the first person it targets on cast will need to use a person or get an external because it will truck them. The first target will be taking 60-70kDPS from it so they will need big heals or mit.

Overall it seems like a few small things to clean up and you guys should have the kill. If you want I can link one of our kill logs and you can watch our replay and see our positioning. We’re nothing special but it might help.

3 Likes

This is all super specific and very useful. Thank you everyone.

To the person above, sure- you’re welcome to link a log.

Any other observations are more than welcome from others too.

The bit you want to look at is the relay and the positioning we use on P1 and P2, lock gates will help the slow players get in position quick.
reports/cnDqjX9vZRrdWtCK#fight=19&view=replay
Due to bliz not letting me post links just add the warcraft logs address to the front.

1 Like

When you say we need 140k more HPS are you saying our raid is taking 140k more damage per second than your raid is is?

Just looking at what your healers did compared to ours. Didn’t get into damage taken properly

Your arcane mage is properly geared and using the correct talents. But they are not doing the opener properly, and they are fundamentally using rune of power very poorly. Would easily gain like 20k dps by doing a proper opening burn and not wasting rune of power charges. Not even half of the possible charges are being used (literally just sitting on 2 charges and not using it) and the ones that are used are used at the wrong time.

Like you mentioned, feeding every time is the culprit. When a player picks up the food they get a dot that last for the duration. Without looking at logs, they are likely taking twice as much damage as necessary.

As suspected your Slimy Residue damage is roughly twice what it should be. We haven’t killed Shad in a while but our last kill of 4:13 we suffered 9.15m damage from Slimy Residue compared to your 5:35 wipe where you suffered 22.71m damage from it.

Skipping every other feed should help alleviate some of the pressure. Our players know to feed is the boss is above 5 stacks when food drops, otherwise they skip. Sometimes the debuff is on players who cannot feed a second time so they need to be vocal and ask for someone to feed for them.

In case it helps, the other murderer in this fight is the Debilitating Spit. Loosing anyone to spit is a healer failure and needs to be addressed. The first target will always take the most damage and will need serious attention.

We tried feeding every other but seemed to run into all kinds of situations that would mess things up.

Like if the second feeder got hit by a breath or something, which would then cause ravenous.

Would it be feasible to continue with feeding every time if we took less damage from other things like slurry outburst(I.e. not tanking him in the center?)

I suppose it would be possible but it’s a lot of pressure on the healers. I think you’ll find if you change your positioning the person takes with feeding will almost never be hit with the breath since the rest of the raid will be on the other side of the boss.

You generally want to tank him in the centre, it will give everyone a lot more room to position. We my guild was proging we tried taking at the back of the room and it was messy and hard to position. Once we sixteen to the middle of became so much nicer.