Help! - my classic wow is gone!

I lost power, came back and now i dont have classic wow as an option to load, it just has launch wow… no drop down available and i see the classic servers are up

I had a similar thing happen to me.

My game crashed and whole comp rebooted and when it restarted Classic and Retail were both uninstalled.

There should be a video on the launcher that shows how to install Classic although when what I just said happened to me Classic and Retail were still both in my launcher with the option to install

Same here, I had to restart, now I can’t connect and it’s not showing that I have it.

All the servers are down for maintenance. They’re scheduled to be back up in approximately 90 minutes. If you’ve noticed, even your bnet launcher is in offline mode because that’s down for maintenance too.

2 Likes

not completely true, my guild mates are on right now playing.

Happened to me too, Retail is an option but not Classic.

BLIZZ what is going on you pick and choose who gets to play?

The option to choose Classic doesn’t disappear during maintenance, but it has for me. WTF

The game doesnt appear on the launcher, but it should still be in your WoW_Classic folder.

Yeah that’s weird. It’s best to wait for the maintenance to be over to see if it resolves itself. It should since right now, the launcher cannot connect to the servers so it may not be able to recognize your account or it’s simply unable to download anything.

Well, I guess that’s it then…

If you choose find game (should be an option) you can locate classic in the game folder.

If not just relog in when maintenance is done, I can’t even log onto battle.net.

Anyone who was online before the maintenance got to remain online. Just be patient and wait another hour everything will be back online.

guess its time to make a liquor run

1. vodka
  2. rum
  3. tequila
  4. triple sec
  5. gin
    splash of cola

BAM - Long Island Ice Tea time!

Nah, I was online and got disconnected when server shutdown. Launcher stuck at connecting.

Yes, the Bnet service is down, but the WoW servers are not. So if you were lucky enough to login before it went down then you’d still be able to play even with many of the Bnet services being down.

Blizzard needs to get it together. This is turning in to far too accurate of a vanilla experience that they are going to have to give people free subscription time like back in the day.

1 Like