Help me fight yall

I’m mainly a healer I like to heal mostly in pvp. But fighting a demon hunter makes me hate healing. During the early season I refused to play because of DH and even now it’s still unfun to fight. I’ve played every class as a healer to elite except Druid and I have tried every single thing I can but yall just sit me and kill me through CD’s. Doesn’t matter how many circles I do around pillars yall eventually catch me. 5 “get off me attempts” doesn’t get yall off. How can I survive and win better against dh because they can’t really be peeled off either.

Just not true. It’s a team game and sometimes you just end up with bad teammates. Dh can certainly be peeled.

This should be asked in the paladin forums not here.

I play all healers should I post it every class with a healers forum? or go directly to the demon hunters and ask how to best counter them since they are the ones who play the class and know its weakness?

1 Like

The only counter isnt a counter but more of a delay. CC, DH has more CC than Hpally that can remain when the target is taking damage though. But yeah, your hope to survive longer would require a lot of CC, yours and your teammates, which is a double edged sword. If your team spends all their cc trying to survive the DH, there no CC on the enemy healer.

As an afflock, dh is one of the more difficult classes for me but it really depends on the skill level of the DH and my team composition/if my team is helping me peel etc.

I peaked at 2k in shuffle, so im not great, but ill give you the advice i do have.

If youre healing you should always weigh the risks before exposing yourself to damage or crowd control. Against dh you should try to be max range from your dps, and if you see that dh moving towards you, he wants cc or he wants to train you. Kiting pretty much never works, but a well timed steed can allow you to reposition before they connect. If hes not kill target your teammates should definitely be helping you peel and keep him out of the game.

If youre ever targeted by melee, whether youre healing or dps, your job has now become to drag them. You get to decide where they move. So your main goal should be to drag them into bad positions and never on top of your teammates.

This will do one of two things. Put the dh in a vulnerable spot, where your team can do pve damage on them out of line of sight of a healer, OR pull the enemy healer into a bad spot where they can be easily cc’d or damaged.

If you manage to tank through some damage in a round or 2, most dps will try something else because they think youre not worth the effort.

Also, i will say this about dh. Their damage can be scary, but theres something about the crazy flash-esque animations that makes it seem way worse than it is. Theres not a dps spec in the game that isnt capable of burst. So you have to learn how to be calm when theyre just doing basic damage, and trade your cds correctly when you see essence break or the hunt.

if youre being trained you have 2 dps that should be going hog wild. I love when people train my healer because i get to sit back and do raid boss damage. So its not all on you. If your dps arent able to capitalize on that, its somewhat an “is what it is” situation. You cant play all 3 characters at once. Just do your best at positioning, managing your defensives. If your dps cant secure a kill, which is quite literally their job, thats on them.

I also heal and it boils down to the healer.

Pally healing is just… rough right now. The entire population besides the developers realize that pally will fall over due to its rather… diluted abilities currently after the bubbles go out. Your best bet is good teammates that understand you are going to be a kill target and peel / plan off that for their own swaps.

Druid - you should be fine trading with dh and kiting. Between them and occasional peels from a partner they seem very capable to handling dh meta

Evoked - you have to use your scary dps at times to push them away. You have amazing heals and can do scary burst in conjunction with your team. Just know when you need to embrace or grip out of danger.

Priest - it’s your teammates that will determine if your a kill target. Overall a dh on my priest isn’t much different then any other dps that sits me.

Resto sham I don’t play