Help me decide which classes to use to collect transmogs

I need to decide on which classes to have at max level to collect transmogs. Please mention the class you prefer for each armor type and what specialization and talents are most important.

• Leather is covered. I have a max level demon hunter who can go through the lower level dungeons quickly.

• Cloth: I have a max level warlock but she seems to be slow. I want to kill lots of things quickly. Is there anyway for warlocks to do that? She is currently using the demonology specialization. If not, what would be the best cloth wearer class to quickly clear low level dungeons? Priest? Mage?

• Mail: I have that covered with a max level hunter.

• Plate: I don’t have a max level for this. Which plate wearer would be best for this purpose? Would it be death knight? What specialization and talent suggestions do you have?

Thanks!

1 Like

Warlock will depend on which spec. I’m not too well versed, but you might want to check icy-veins to see what they recommend for AOE grinds.

DK is great for AOE.

What it really comes down to is what do you want to transmog? Are you looking to have one farming character and just use those on everyone? If you decide to go hunting on your DK, but you really want to put your paladin in an old tier set, you’re going to have to do that grind anyway. I’d probably identify what specific pieces you are looking to farm, then choose which class from there. You can’t transmog a DK into paladin tier (nor will a DK that picks up a paladin tier piece be able to use it), but if you’re looking just for off-set pieces, it doesn’t really matter.

1 Like

Thanks. That does complicate things. I was hoping I could open up the appearance of all plate items with one class.

Any non set items, yes, but a DK can’t use a paladin’s set. For BFA sets that won’t matter since BFA sets are gear type specific and not class specific, but all prior sets are. Most have recolors available (like the purple Judgement set from BC dungeons), but DKs or warriors won’t learn the appearance of the original red Judgement set.

1 Like

On the bright side, having one of each class in a given armor type to run old stuff for transmog means more chances for the non-tier armor each week!

2 Likes

Tier sets are only thing you’re locked out of. Personally I’d say a Warrior, simply because they can use any weapon except wands. So if you say run a raid on your hunter and the bow/gun you are after doesn’t drop for hunter but does drop for warrior if you ran the same raid then you still get the transmog of the Bow/Gun.

As for the Cloth I’d vote Mage, Arcane I found to be very fast with running stuff. Aoe is instant and fast, Single Target hits hard and can wipe out most anything very quickly as well. Warlock I’ve never liked cause the dots. Might try Destro spec though it might be a little faster but I’d vote Mage for faster Transmog farming.

2 Likes

In the past I’ve always seen warlocks steam roll the lower dungeons as destro, always spamming that fire aoe spell. in the upper levels I’ve seen affliction tanks solo numerous elite mobs fairly quickly. not sure if warlocks have been nerfed since them but thats the trend Ive seen. truth be told I ve rarely seen a demonology warlock.

2 Likes

If you’re just looking to farm transmogs, Warrior would be the best plate class, just because they can use almost every weapon type.

5 Likes