Help mages please

cmon blizzard, we need love!
I’m getting out cast in bg’s, its so sad

4 Likes

It’s over, nothing is going to help mages at this point a mage spec has been the worst DPS spec in the game for the entire game. They want Mages to be one of the worst classes in SoD because they’re great in Era.

Neither of u know what ur talking about mage is fine u just have to get good at it

1 Like

Now imagine being a warlock in a much faster paced meta

Someone has to lose

You’ll be a healer or you will be a forever oom cc bot that gets to sometimes maybe do okay dmg and you will like it!!

Says the SoD devs x.x

They were literally #1 last phase. Now go back to playing living bomb simulator.

I agree, I have turned to raid logging at this point. Blizzard doesn’t seem to care about it at all. Maybe phase 4 with new runes. But right now eh. They seem to want to do changes that hurt mage and not address them at all.

1 Like

I think the utility mages have right now is great, I personally love having them in my groups (pve or pvp), they bring a lot to the table. Unfortunately, they aren’t topping meters in SoD, but I think being able to heal offsets that a lot.

I’ve had like half a dozen or so 60 mages t2-t3 geared on several classic and private servers, so I get it, this isn’t classic mage. But at the same point, a mage will probably be my first alt after I get this hunter where I want to be. With that being said though, I feel like other hybrid DPS specs (balance druids, spriests and ele shaman) are either a little overturned, or mage damage a little undertuned, but they’re a far cry from broken or useless

:thinking:

I’ve had no issues on my fire mage, but I have not tried the others yet.

I was amazed they gave mages healing in the first place, someone was hitting the b*ng a little hard that day. Mages don’t heal WTH, we just nuke sheet and die. Is that to hard to grasp? and no I am not healing you piss off

Yeah they are pretty bad when you do a damage reduction aura on them in pvp. Mana management is already a pain, and just super bad when they reduce pvp damage.

I don’t think they are going to as mages have so much control and if you give them easy damage, it would really make pvp so much worse.

In PvP, mages on a team are there for support above all else. It is just the design.

Isn’t destro really bursty?

I’d agree that burst meta sucks as aff.

Frost was below tanks until this phase and the worst DPS spec, now arcane DPS is the lowest DPS in the game, below tanks.

A mage spec has always been the worst DPS spec in the entire SoD experience every phase.

Lol imagine Blizzard making balance changes to mage.

For the record mages have received two instances of tuning since early Feb when p2 launched, both in early March. One week a few underutilized runes (or aspects of runes, i.e., channeled healing from the regens) got buffed. The following week Living Flame got nerfed. That’s the extent of it.

It is but it does a lot of hardcasting