[Help] Icon on tooltip not showing up

Hello World of Warcraft community,

I have been experiencing an issue where item icons are not appearing when clicking on shared item links in the chat. Is anyone else encountering this problem or has a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Right click the chat tab and make sure “Make Interactive” is checked. If it already is, toggle it off then on again.

Hello,
Thank you for your suggestion. I tried right-clicking the chat tab and ensuring that “Make Interactive” is checked. However, it didn’t resolve the issue.

Just to provide some additional information, the tooltip of the item does open when I click on the item link. The problem lies specifically with the item icon not appearing.

If anyone else has encountered a similar issue or has any further suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you for your help!

Thanks for clarifying!

I actually don’t have item icons appearing in chat, is this what you’re referring to? I don’t think it’s a native feature, but it can be added using addons like ChatLinkIcons (I’m not able to link, but take a look online).

Is this type of functionality what you’re referring to? Maybe you were using an addon before, and it’s no longer installed or is outdated and not being loaded?

I have discovered the solution to the issue I was experiencing. It turns out that the problem occurred because I didn’t have the “Pawn” addon installed. Once I installed the addon, the item icons started appearing correctly when clicking on item links in the chat.

Apologies for the confusion, and thank you all for your suggestions and assistance. I’m glad to have resolved the issue, and I hope this information helps anyone else who may encounter a similar problem.

1 Like