Help getting to dragon isles

I bought the new expansion pack and got a dragon for pre purchase, naturally I want to ride this baby but was told to to to the dragon isles first, so I got to level 60 and started the quest, however I can’t use the mount yet so I can’t fly to the explorer to recruit him.

It looks like the only way to get up to see him is to climb the rocks… I see the green but can’t climb them so I am stuck.

Please help!

Awww man. You’re in for a treat. Keep doing campaign quest and you should be up and flying in 46 minutes off questing.

Have fun!!

p.s. get your dragon glyphs before you start questing.

1 Like

This is a serious problem I can’t seem to figure out. I figured I had to learn rock climbing but that is learned at a part of the dragon isles. I can’t take the zeppelin because I can’t reach the explorer …

Pridebasher is cirrect. :slight_smile:

You have to quest a bit on the ground until you meet the Dragonriding Trainer.

When you do get your Dragonriding Training, prioritise getting Glyphs.

The Glyphs give Talents, and when you first get Dragonriding, before any talents, it is a very sad and limited thing - just enough to hop up a bit.

Once you have filled the talents, you can fly ay 929% speed all over the place. Here is the list of where to find Glyphs.

Once you have all your talents, the way to dragonride is

• Point your view straight up
  • Hit Skyward Ascent 2 or 3 times, with a second or two inbetween
  • Point your nose down and glide.

Have fun!

Rock climbing has nothing to do with it

The intro quests start at Ruby Life Pools.

There is a dragon standing at the bottom that will offer you a lift up to the platform with the Flight Master and the quests.

Ok but I have to get to the waking shores?

I can’t do that without taking the zeppelin, and that’s the next step after finding the 3 NPCs that include the explorer at the top of the cliff…

If you have the quest to rescue the 3 explorers, you are already in the Waking Shores?
That’s where they are.

They are actually in Ogrimmar…

OHHHHH. Sorry, there is a quest to rescue 3 explorers when you get to the Waking Shores, and I thought that’s what you meant,. :smiley:

If you are in Orgrimmar or Kalimdor and need to fly you can use a regular flying mount.

You need to go to get a regular flying mount, which you will find beside the Flight Master in Orgrimmar.

Ok thanks just need a flying mount. I Have only been playing for a week or so.

Will get one, that’s a good idea.

1 Like

Welcome to Azeroth, then! :+1:

PLEASE post again if you need anything else. :smiley: