Help each other out with the new UI

For resizing your minimap:

Credit to https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/u/Bhootam-emerald-dream

5 Likes

LOL! xD It was an addon that was doing it, I don’t know which one.

Edited.
Thank you. Got details to work

anyone know why the ctrl button doesnt bring up viewing an item in the dressing room?

Did anyone figure out how to see flag carriers etc in BGs? (or is there an addon that does the same as the ui used to?)…thanks in advance!

1 Like

Linking for exposure - Deleted by author

3 Likes

heres my help. Its all anyone is getting from this point forward since some cant help themselves but act petulant when someone IS trying to help them out

1 Like

Do /readycheck and /countdown 15 no longer work?

Not sure how this got overlooked.
You can’t move your pet frame off separately from your character frame? I don’t want it directly under and to the right of it, I NEED to move it separately.

And the non moveable EXP and Rep bars are almost unforgiveable.

The rest of it I haven’t found an issue with yet, other than bars don’t want to snap and GLUE to each other so you can’t move them as a set of say 3 action bars, you have to move them separately.

2 Likes

Is there any way to turn off those popup loot alert boxes? It seems silly that now if you loot something first it comes in that loot window, and then no matter what the purples appear in the middle of your screen in those slow toasts… and they overlap some of my buttons now.

1 Like

was wondering this myself

Map 20% smaller - /run Minimap:SetScale(0.8)

(I use .9 myself)

A note: I discovered that after logout, this doesn’t stick. So I made a macro of the above and the bag/menu icons and just click on it once I log in.

2 Likes

Bag/Menu 20% bigger - /run MicroButtonAndBagsBar:SetScale(1.2)

Also Bartender4 seems the best bet for those wanting tweaks to some of the things.

however, I discovered that if you have icons in some of the bars before enabling some of the action bars, the items don’t populate. I took a screenshot of my action bars, tweaked with bartender and manually repopulated.

3 Likes

That is caused by a bad interaction with an addon. Can’t remember if it is allthethings or fishing buddy. Short term quick fix → disable all addons, shutdown, and then restart wow.

Not sure exactly what you are referring too, but if you disable your addons, it will likely go away, but no guarantee. :slight_smile:

Any way to turn off the text that appears over spells/abilities in your action bars when you try to use them?

Productive thread! Has anyone had a p[roblem with having to readjust the chat window every time you log back in? I fix it to my liking then save it. I log out and back in and it is exactly as it was before I changed it.

I should know this but how do I remove that beautiful(sc) yellow outline around this NPC?

Options > Interface > Display > Outline Mode > Disable if you so wish

5 Likes

Has outline mode always been so bright? I could have sworn I used it before and it was much more subtle.

3 Likes