(Help) Druid condensing macro

I need help crunching a macro into the 255 restriction!

I’ve hit the max capacity for macros on my druid and in my general tab aswell so I’ve been trying to condense some of my druid macros. Here is what I’m trying to accomplish with my macros:

1. If I have a healable target I will always cast a healing spell
  2. If I’m in a damage dealing form (Bear, cat, Moonkin) a form specific spell (ex: Shred) will be casted by default (So I don’t need a target to cast a spell. this is most useful when trying to catch stealthies out with thrash or swipe)
  3. If I’m in caster form (Unless I’m balance) cast a healing spell by default and a caster form specific offensive spell (ex:Moonfire) if I have an attackable target

Here is an exhaustive form of one of the macro I’m trying to make fit into the 255 restriction. (I’ve been banging my head on this for 4 hours straight trying all sorts of syntax tricks but I figured it would be easier to read the macro this way)

#showtooltip
/cast [help] Rejuvenation
/cast [spec:2/3, form:1] Thrash
/cast [spec:2/3, form:2] Swipe
/cast [spec:1, form:1/2, talent:3/1] Swipe
/cast [spec:1, form:1/2, talent:3/2] Thrash
/cast [spec:4, form:1/2, talent:3/2] Swipe
/cast [spec:4, form:1/2, talent:3/3] Thrash
/cast [nospec:1, form:4, talent:3/1] Wrath
/cast [noform:1/2, harm] Wrath
/cast [spec:1, noform:1/2] Wrath
/cast [nospec:1, noform:1/2] Rejuvenation

Once you’re tying to account for both spec and form in druid macros it’s really hard to consistently stay under the 255 character limit. I played around with the macro you posted a bit, and the best I got to was 285 (and that required a little bit of compromise on the logic.)

It’s honestly just not possible to get one macro for all 4 specs and forms into 255 characters in many cases. (It can work when all or most of the involved spells are not affinity spells, but once you start dealing with affinity spells there’s just too many characters needed.) So, you’ll still either end up needing to break it up into a couple of different macros or start looking into an addon that extends macro functionality.

Before I went the addon route, I had single macros for the stuff that would fit, and then spec specific macros for the ones that didn’t. (It seems like I had 4 or 5 where I needed to do the spec specific thing.)

Could you post your macro?

I didn’t verify it in game, so watch out for typos.

#showtooltip
/cast [help,nodead,spec:4][help,nodead,talent:3/3]Rejuvenation;[spec:2/3,form:1][spec:1,form:1/2,talent:3/2][spec:4,form:1/2,talent:3/3]Thrash;[spec:2/3,form:2][spec:1,form:1/2,talent:3/1][spec:4,form:1/2,talent:3/2]Swipe;[harm,noform:1/2][form:4][spec:1]Wrath;Rejuvenation

Realistically, you can scrap all the spec and talent conditions on Thrash/Swipe and just do it based off of Form.

#showtooltip
/cast [form:1,nohelp] Thrash; [form:2,nohelp] Swipe; [harm] [spec:1,nohelp] Wrath; Rejuvenation

Not sure if the nohelp is gonna have the desired effect. If not, then this should but it’s more verbose.

#showtooltip
/cast [help] Rejuvenation; [form:1] Thrash; [form:2] Swipe; [harm] [spec:1] Wrath; Rejuvenation

My personal setups:

I tried doing something like this at first but the problem is whenever I’m restoration with feral affinity I would be unable to cast swipe in bear form even though the spell is learnt /:

#showtooltip
/cast [spec:1,form:1/2,talent:3/2,nohelp][spec:4,form:1/2,talent:3/3,nohelp][spec:2/3,form:1,nohelp]Thrash;[spec:1,form:1/2,talent:3/1,nohelp][spec:4,form:1/2,talent:3/2,nohelp][spec:2/3,form:2,nohelp]Swipe;[harm][spec:1,nohelp]Wrath;Rejuvenation

260 is as tight as I can get that version.

#showtooltip
/cast [help] Rejuvenation; [spec:1,form:1/2,talent:3/2] [spec:4,form:1/2,talent:3/3] [spec:2/3,form:1] Thrash; [spec:1,form:1/2,talent:3/1] [spec:4,form:1/2,talent:3/2] [spec:2/3,form:2] Swipe; [harm] [spec:1] Wrath; Rejuvenation

243 (with whitespace) for the 2nd variant.

Actionbar addon called Neuron.

You can write macros directly on the buttons w/o having to use the limited macro storage. It also can swap the bar for ANY bar state with no silly limitation of 10 baqrs or 12 buttons per bar. Would not play a druid without this addon.
https :// imgur dot com/a/QDn9LeY