[Help] Class Mount Acquiring

I’m a bit lost. I have done a lot of the order hall quests (Mage). I have the arcane destroyer, finished the broken shore achievement, do I have to have all 3 artefacts? I have them unlocked, but I don’t think I did the quests on this particular character…

Edit: I’m level 55, I just did the quest chain to unlock Millhouse as a follower.

Edit 2: Looks like I got it figured out… definitely needs a tracker. Very confusing if you haven’t played the character in ages.

Is there a way to check? Is there a wowhead tracker I’m just not finding?

So… just to comfirm, you figured everything out and got the mount right?

There is a quest completion checker on wowhead, but often I find that it’s not fully up to date with your character. If you know which quest you are wanting to check, you can use the following script in game to check:

/script print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(43812))

Replace the “43812” with the quest ID of any quest in the game and it will tell you if you’ve completed it or not. To find a quest ID, the easiest way is to look up the quest on wowhead, and in the URL you’ll see a section that says “quest=43812”. That is the ID # you’re looking for.

1 Like

What about the warning you get when you try to use custom scripts??

The warning is to dissuade people from using random scripts they find or that a possible bad actor gives them because scripts have the potential to be dangerous if the wrong one is used. Feel free to look this one up if you want though, you’ll find it’s pretty commonly referenced and used, and is perfectly safe.

1 Like

Thanks for the speedy reply.

1 Like

It is wonderful seeing polite knowledgeable players that help others! ty Zip! You helped me as well!

I do want to clarify that the danger from random scripts is to your WoW stuff, not your computer. Running scripts in game will only affect game stuff; it’s not a vector for attacking your computer itself.

In the past, there have been people who have managed to get people to use scripts (usually in conjunction with addons) that would do stuff like mail all their gold to the nefarious player the next time you clicked a mailbox. Both Blizzard and the authors of popular addons that allow custom scripts usually work pretty hard to close up any such exploits when they are found. (If you’ve ever wondered why you see so many confirmation dialog boxes for stuff in game, this is one reason.)

Most publicly posted scripts in places like these forums are going to be pretty safe, as people who understand scripting will be able to see them and point out any issues. Most of the problems have come from bad actors getting someone to copy-paste something they sent them in game (or from a shady website they linked them to in game.)

1 Like