Help, cannot fly

Returning player after 15 years away. Frustrated to say the least. I leveled my original character to 62 in Northrend and started a new character in Zuldazar that is now level 43. I cannot figure out how to get either of them flying training. Both list dragon riding basics in the spellbook and both say to see a trainer. I can not find a trainer.

Went to Kildar riding trainer in Orgrimmar and the character has nothing. Tried to do the Expeditionary Coordination quest to go to Dragon Isles but I need to fly to reach the explorer and can’t.

How do I get either character able to fly? About to quit again for 15 years if I can’t figure this out.

I’ve seen some mention of receiving a quest at level 30 that says a time to fly, but neither of my characters got this quest?

1 Like

Welcome back!

Flying is now learned automatically at the appropriate level. You do not have to train it. (Same with abilities and talents.)

I see you have only one flying mount, the Blue Wind Rider, in your stable https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/character/us/archimonde/bwana/collections/mounts and you learned fast flying 02/03/2024 Breaking the Sound Barrier https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/character/us/archimonde/bwana/achievements/character (I presume on your 62?)

Try mounting that and pressing Space. See if you start flying.

I have no idea how to access that mount?

Shift-P, or click the Horse Shoe (Collections) button on your bottom bar right-hand side to get up your Collections pane.

Then click the Mounts Tab bottom left of that.

Find Blue Wind Rider, click on it, click Mount button bottom left.

If that works, you can drag Blue Wind Rider onto your bars to summon easily again.

1 Like

Wow. That was easy. Been trying to figure this out for weeks. Thanks. That is easy once I know where to look.

I’m wondering if I should just go to classic though as the new WoW is so different than when I played before. Been more frustrated than anything.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Well, Classic is also available if you want.

It is common, more than common, for players returning after a long time to be COMPLETELY frustrated by all the changes. (And sometimes they remember things that never were there either, because they’ve mixed them up with other games. :smiley: )

PLEASE ask again here if you find anything else frustrating!

I have the same exact problem. Very frustrating… as level 66 on another character.

First, try regular flying outside Dragon Isles.

1. Go back to Orgrimmar (or Stormwind if your alt is Alliance).
  2. Go outdoors.
  3. Summon Tawny Wind Rider from your mounts, as I described above.
  4. Press Space.

You should be flying.

Dragon Isles is a different question. You don’t get normal flying there until you have done a bunch of stuff. But you get a Dragonriding mount, and the ability to fly it, early in the questing experience. But I don’t see any a Dragonriding mount in your armoury. How far have you got in Dragon Isles?

Thank you, thank you. I can fly !!

1 Like