Helm/Shoulder/Chest Heirlooms need to be revisited, a 50% increase turns more into a 30% increase from 50 > 32 minutes with weaving gear (and as a speed leveler)

0 votes and 1 comment so far on Reddit

I got my Zandalari to 120 yesterday and I realized super early on that I had to weave heirloom gear and the artifact gear just to be able to do anything decently. Yes, we level faster. To be honest, we may as well have just not spent 5k gold on helm/chest/shoulder with how these are stated since they actively hurt you. Also apparently some tweaking has occurred to time walking such that wearing full heirlooms gets you the full 50% or its not contributing to it.

2 Likes

It certainly does not need revisiting. The bonuses are enough. What more do you need?

Care to explain your logic, and expertise here? Why does it “not need revisiting”?

Considering you pay gold for an outcome, and that outcome not only fails to do what it says it does, but actively hurts you? That generally is the definition of being “revisited”

1 Like

Not really, I can easily clear faster using my azerite gear/quest gear/legion sets.

Did I incorrectly explain? The problem with gear here is that the 50% exp increase from heirlooms is destroyed based on stat distribution that we see in artifact gear vs heirloom thus making leveling slower than it should be.

Also, are you the spirestone femaledwarf?

1 Like

To be fair - they say you gain 50% more experience - not that you level 50% faster.

If there is a trade off, its a decision you need to make. Is the extra xp per mob worth the extra time it takes to kill that mob without them…

To be fair, as somebody who levels a lot (currently have 22 120 warriors), the 50% exp increase, generally translates to a well…50% increase. Lets not even talk about the fact I was using the 10% exp potions as well >.>

Logical conclusion would’ve been to not spend money on those three slot upgrades for heirlooms, the same way we didn’t on weapons in Legion.

They’re not going to change heirlooms to be in line with gear that won’t even exist next expansion.

I was replying to that guy not you. From my experience leveling with hairlooms is slower than my standard gear setup. It only really makes a difference at 118+ and even then its really marginal.

Nah different guy.

1 Like