Hellraiser (2022) Trailer

Anyone here a fan of the Hellraiser universe? The original trilogy were good but then they gradually got werse. There must be about ten of them by now. Always holding out hope that they’ll finally make another good one but it never happens…until now?

Released on Hulu 7th October so not many more sleeps to go. This trailer looks nice so hopefully the people in charge will treat it with respect and give us a good story and good gore.

2 Likes

For sure, but only seen the first 2. Would love more WWI era occult themed shows

1 Like

I have hopes for this one. Looks sufficiently sinister. The new Pinhead has a lot to live up to, but I am optimistic, which is rare these days when it comes to Hollywood and their destruction of damn near everything.

1 Like

To be fair, in book Pinhead was a female…so I guess they respecting the source material :dracthyr_shrug:

2 Likes

And in a comic I believe the girl from the first movie eventually becomes a pinhead

2 Likes

I think they were all described as sort of androgynous, so it is cool that they are going there. Just gives us a Pinhead that is sinister, that we would be scared of in the light or in the dark. No need to do anything other than let the story tell itself and hopefully scare us.

2 Likes

This looks pretty good ngl.

1 Like

Oh well. I gave it a shot and made it into an hour and twenty minutes and turned it off. Very disappointed and very bored. It’s a two hour film so I’ll check out the rest tomorrow maybe.

I just don’t get how you can stuff up making a nice gory horror movie. For one, the run time is way too long. Anyway it’ll be interesting to see what you guys think.

That good, huh?

I actually really enjoyed this Hellraiser installation more than previous entries. Before this film, I always saw the cenobites as being executioners for anybody who… checks notes… solved a puzzle. It just felt like a stupid concept.

In this movie it felt like the cenobites were taking part in a celebration where they’d reward anyone who, presumably, solved a configuration with their gift of sensation until a “magnificent” end. It was a much more interesting portrayal than I remember, but I was a lot younger when watching the originals, so I definitely need to rewatch them (at least the first two or three).

However, there were some things I didn’t like. I’m pretty sure they nerfed the lament configuration by requiring it to draw blood from somebody after being solved before it determines who will receive the gift. It would have also been cool to learn more about Leviathan, but if this was intended to be more of a reboot then I guess they can always build up later.

I always stick with originals . The remakes pretty much always suck…

I liked it. A small return to cenobites being all about that monkeys paw thinking with their rewards.