Hello all! Super new here and would someone to show me the RP ropes!

I’ve played WoW before in the early WoD days but never really appreciated it, so I’ve decided to dive headfirst again and try my hand at role-playing for the foreseeable future, having rolled a fresh toon on this server. Hopefully I can find a home here, Emerald Dream doesn’t seem dense enough. I did some preliminary research about the history of my chosen race and rationale behind my class choice, I have his story pretty tight but would love some in game feedback and maybe even a nice “drama-free” guild to join. Really excited to meet you all, have a good one!

1 Like

Welcome to WrA! The very first thing I would do is to pick up a roleplay add-on. Most people use one of two: Total Roleplay 3 or TRP3 for short, and My Roleplay or MRP. It doesn’t matter which you choose to download since profiles are cross add-on compatible, but choose only one, having both at the same time can cause issues. These add-ons let you write out detailed character descriptions and see the characters of other players!

Second, if you want to get right into roleplaying, go to the Mage District or Cathedral Square in game, no matter the time of day there’s pretty much always going to be someone there to interact with. Once you get the feel for things, you can learn what style of roleplaying is right for you and what kinds of guilds you might get along well with.

A couple general etiquette tips if this is your first time roleplaying ever. If you’re talking out of character it’s polite to use parentheses around the message. (Like this.) If you read something in a character’s biography don’t assume your character now knows it too. That’s called metagaming and should be avoided. Your character will learn things through interacting, that’s the fun part!

Good luck, welcome, and have fun!

1 Like

Along this line, however, please note that there is a patch coming up very shortly that will wipe out your profile folders, so back your information up if you plan to work on it a lot. It will save you a LOT of frustration.

2 Likes

Welcome to WRA! TRP3 is a wonderful addon to have. You can make it super detailed! If youd like to try your hand at RP but are maybe a little nervous, keep an eye on the forum here for RP events. They can be a really solid place to meet new folks and give RP a shot.

heads to the nearest tree with a lasso

We got you covered, elf!

Welcome, I see you have made right choice and you are Alliance, Aggressor honors you.

It is end of expac so WRA Alliance is little bit low on population, but you can find many RP guilds or you can just walk up to people in cathedral,MQ,lion’s rest. You will find some friends who will invite you to their RP circle.

Just remember hord is nothing on this server and feel free to farm hord players who dare to come in SW.

Thank you all for the great tips and kind words! TRP3 sounds like a great resource and I will get right on that!

1 Like