Hellcaller stealth nerf?

just watched a video Kalamazi put out today talking about how hellcaller’s wither now has an internal cooldown which not only bricks hellcaller but slaughters destro even more just pushing it further and further down the dps list. really terrible for aff as well

https://youtu.be/QdsmZXG-4Ck?si=GYVt5YzXbHRZegQZ

blizzard… come on guys. surely this is unintended right? anyway just wanted to make a post mentioning it in the hopes more people will talk about it and blizzard will change/fix this (and buff destro? lol)

big oof.

29 Likes

It’s so gross. I can’t believe they’ve done this days before the raid launches.

7 Likes

Fun detector was buzzing in Irvine. I bet money this was intentional, I was in a dungeon the other day topping the meters and said to myself “they going to nerfbat this, its too fun for them to ignore.”

3 Likes

THIS IS HORRIBLE!
even a 1 millisecond ICD ruins the whole hero spec…
This is skullduggery!

8 Likes

So stupid and not fun a all

they just want us to play other class nice

5 Likes

Hope this is a bug on blizzard side, this shouldn’t have happen so close to M+ and raid opening.

1 Like

yea this is bad :frowning: I so wanted to play that hero talent too.

sure feels like that.

1 Like

this is obviously unintentional. there’s no way they’d make a change this big, which straight up contradicts the tooltips on several abilities without putting it in the patch notes and updating tooltips. I’m guessing some dev put this in while testing something out and forgot to revert it.

the real question is, how long will it take them to fix this?

10 Likes

BUMP for a fix.

4 Likes

Bump for visibility, Blue response please???

3 Likes

Feels terrible for pvp as well. Jinx pvp talent allowed building stacks of wither fairly quickly to get damage out. 5 second ICD is a looooonnngg time in pvp situations

2 Likes

Bump For visibility

3 Likes

Bump because it’s been 6 minutes since last bump.

3 Likes

Have to hope this is a bug. I read some speculation that it -might- be intended as a nerf to affliction hellcaller, but if that’s the case I’d have to imagine there’s a better way to do this than remove the entire gameplay loop of the hero talent spec.

1 Like

I’ve never been more convinced that this is a bug or a mistake/oversight. This change is spec-killing levels of bad and the fact that it went completely undocumented despite the fact that it’s this massive leads me to believe that this wasn’t intended in the slightest.

That being said, I really hope Blizzard fixes this ASAP. Dropping something like this ~3-4 days before raid releases, especially when it’s completely undocumented, is a bad look, especially when Warlocks in general weren’t even looking all that insane going into this tier.

2 Likes

A change like this right before raid would be considered unintended imo. You all should just post it as a bug in the bug forum.

Bump because it’s been 2 min since last post.

1 Like

Hellcaster was finally brining fun back fir me to aff locks. I hope this is a bug and not blizzard trying to kill another spec that isnt a pally

Keep bumping until blue post!

1 Like