Heirloom Enchants?

What enchant can I put on an heirloom chest, that works at level 1? it seems the mop enchants don’t apply anymore, and the other enchants are red till you hit 50 or 60.

I don’t think any of the enchants work like they used to unfortunately. Blizzard has been on a kick to consistently make them as useless as possible since they have made changes to them

I suppose anything they can do to promote buying the level 60 boost lol.

2 Likes

“Glorious Stats”, a Panderan enchant gives +4 to all stats and is usable at level 1.

1 Like

For cloaks, use “Lesser Power”, a Cata enchant that gives +6 to the primary stat.

You can’t be Max level anymore and apply enchants? Like shadowlands/dragonflight enchants?

I remember the enchants would scale to the level but you had to be a higher level to apply the enchant first

They should just make special heirloom enchants if they want to break the others.

10 Likes

Honestly as fast as you level these days enchants are hardly worth the gold or the effort to even mess with. Unless you’re trying to set up a twink enchants on low level toons are a waste of your time.

1 Like

It’s worth it, because it’s fun. Gold isn’t really an issue. And, having a few enchants on them is nice.

9 Likes

I’m not sure if the Shadowland’s one would work, since it used to be disabled under level 50 for whatever reasons… and its a safe bet, that like nearly everything else, it wasn’t updated.

I don’t see how MOP wouldn’t apply anymore. They are currently limited to ilvl 50 (pre-stat redistribution ilvl for a lvl 50 item) so just mail your heirloom to your level 1 alt, have it apply the enchant, then mail it back.

Or hell, cut the middle man and save some silver and have the level 1 alt make the heirloom then enchant it! And of coarse mail it…

No, you can take these pieces, put whatever enchants on them to sometimes insanely increase your power and mow through the world way faster. And then you can mail to to the next alt and never have to enchant them again!

Hell, most my enchanted heirlooms have lasted way longer then my end game gear drops, and the enchants were WAY cheaper. Seems worth the gold to me…

For most of the lower enchants, you need to be on a lower character to apply, cause the heirloom will be too high of an ilvl to apply the enchant.

Shadowlands/Dragonflight enchants have a minimum ilvl though I think, so I dont think they work on heirlooms.

1 Like

Nope, you could apply them, but in the case of Shadowlands, it was disabled once the item was worn by a lower level character last time I tried it. It also has a hidden character level requirement. I find it unlikely that has been changed… even though lower levels can make them now with Shadowlands being part of the Chromieverse.

1 Like

Correct. High level enchants stop working on low level toons. Luckily, the low level enchants that say “can’t be applied over ilvl 50” still work once the looms pass that ilvl. For the most part, WotLK enchants are usually the best with a few outliers in other expansions. The “Crusader” enchant is great and comes from classic, I think. I am all about heirloom enchants as I am a serious altholic. I’m a huge fan of glove and bracer enchants too, I keep (I make them myself) a stock in my self-owned guild bank,

2 Likes