Heirloom changes are a complete joke

As seen here - https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-new-leveling-experience-and-heirlooms/603129

(2) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by 30%.
(3) Set: Increases your out-of-combat regeneration in the outdoors, normal dungeons and battlegrounds.
(4) Set: Gaining a level triggers Burst of Knowledge, dealing Holy damage to nearby enemies and granting you 40% primary stat for 2 minutes. Defeating additional enemies extends this effect, up to 2 additional minutes.
(6) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by an additional 30%.

So they are giving heirlooms a set bonus, but it’s completely garbage in every conceivable way. Are they even trying? Do they even play the game?

(2) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by 30%.

• This will total to about 0.1% faster leveling experience than without it, however it’s a massive nerf to just having increased exp gain.

(3) Set: Increases your out-of-combat regeneration in the outdoors, normal dungeons and battlegrounds.

• This isn’t classic. I haven’t had to stop to eat or drink anything while leveling since like, The Burning Crusade? Maybe Wrath? Actually useless.

(4) Set: Gaining a level triggers Burst of Knowledge, dealing Holy damage to nearby enemies and granting you 40% primary stat for 2 minutes. Defeating additional enemies extends this effect, up to 2 additional minutes.

• Ok cool, so when I ding at the end of a dungeon or when I go back to the quest hub to turn in quests I… deal aoe damage? What? Why? To who and how much? Unless this effect stacks indefinitely and can be extended indefinitely, it’s useless. Having 40% increased stats (I’m assuming main stats and not all stats - either way it’s still the same level of uselessness) for 4 minutes? Wow, what a joke.

(6) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by an additional 30%.

• Yeah whoever it was who had this idea should not be allowed on the design team. This is a complete joke. Heirlooms may as well have no bonuses at all anymore, at least then it would feel like less of a slap in the face for those of us who bought and upgraded all the heirlooms.

Here’s an idea, how about we remove those entirely, and replace them with something that’s actually useful shall we? I’ll start.

(2) Set: Increases movement speed by 10% and experience gained by 10%.
(3) Set: Increases all primary stats by 10%. 25% Chance when you kill an enemy to increase this bonus to 20% for 10 seconds.
(4) Set: Increases experience gained by 10% and increases your Secondary stats by an amount equal to your level.
(6) Set: Increases experience gained by 15%. Increases Versatility by 15%. Upon killing a target that rewards experience, grants 6% increased movement speed for 10 seconds, stacking up to 10 times.

And maybe;

If you own 10 or more Heirlooms, you gain access to the Flightmaster Whistle.

• Flightmaster Whistle, Toy: When used, will bring you to the nearest flightpath. Can only be used while not in combat. 5 minute cooldown.

Can we please have something that doesn’t totally suck? I spend hundreds of thousands of gold probably on all these items. Don’t turn them into complete garbage like you plan to.

Thanks.
~ Someone who actually plays the game.

(Feel free to add your own ideas for set bonuses, I’d like to see them)

Since a group of particular individuals like to cling on to certain aspects of entirely made up hypothetical set bonuses, here is another set of set bonuses to mald over for some reason.

(2) Increases movement speed while not mounted by 10%.
(3) Killing an enemy that yields experience grants you 15% movement speed and haste, and restores 4% of your maximum health. Lasts 6 seconds.
(4) Completing a quest increases your main stats by 3% for 5 minutes, stacking up to 5 times. Turning in additional quests refresh the duration.
(6) While you are above 60% health, all damage dealt is increased by 10%. While you are below 60% health, all damage taken is reduced by 10%. (Does not work in PvP combat.)
(8) Mounting is instant cast. Increases all reputations gained by 25% for Legacy content.
(10) You can no longer be Dazed, or affected by CC while mounted. (Obviously does not apply to PvP). You can accumulate up to 400% more Rested Experience, and you accumulate rested experience 400% faster.

• Set bonuses only apply to characters level 59 and lower.
  • Set bonuses are disabled in Battlegrounds and arenas.
65 Likes

I am angry at all the things!
:angry: :cow:

16 Likes

Jeez, those look bonkers.

I am not criticizing, i’m just saying.

They look bonkers.

5 Likes

Good. I like things that look bonkers.

2 Likes

Real question, where are you getting this information?

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-new-leveling-experience-and-heirlooms/603129

1 Like

Guess it’s useful, if you don’t have the motorbike you can use at level 1. The 5 minute cd on it has always been the worst part about the whistle imo.

Holy burst as a DK. :clown_face:

16 Likes

Which isn’t needed. People are reporting getting from 1 to 50 in HALF A DAY as opposed to now when getting from 1 to 120 takes several days. Leveling is SO much faster now, the bonus XP is literally not even necessary.

This is actually a great compromise. You’re leveling faster by using two heirlooms. That’s great! Your rested XP won’t deplete as fast. I’m on board with this.

This gives them the ability to tweak those encounters and make the SLIGHTLY harder so that maybe you WILL have to pause between groups (which is how it SHOULD be anyway, to make it feel like a challenge. New players might find it boring if they don’t do this in the future).

So you found the time where it DOESN’T mean as much. You know how many levels I’ve gained WHILE fighting? More than when I turn in an end-of-dungeon quest. Having that happen in the MIDDLE of a dungeon is HUGE. Time it right, and you could go into a boss fight with this active and melt it.

And before you come back and say “but old content is SO easy”… yeah, it is NOW, but it doesn’t (and shouldn’t) have to stay that way. This level squish gives them another opportunity to go back into old content and tweak enemy strengths to make the leveling process more challenging while keeping it fun.

Really? They make it so the rested bonus is going SUPER slow for you, and you still complain? Wow.

Honestly, why not just buy level boosts if you’re THAT hard up to level up so fast.

YIKES.

8 Likes

Ok, read the post, and yeah, not a fan really. I mean the out of combat regen increase is nice i guess, the reduction of decay thing, ehh, and yeah, that Burst of Knowledge thing is making too many assumptions for my liking.

I think its fine and people are acting like entitled little brats… But at the same time Blizz should have just left it alone and saved everyone the drama.

3 Likes

Ummmm … well I also play the game and I like the changes.
Cheers.

3 Likes

Then do something else besides Exp gain. I only included 20% in the bonuses I created. Perhaps something else that isn’t just complete garbage like the tripe they’ve suggested. I don’t care if it’s “faster in shadowlands” - I would like the items I grinded for and spent tons of gold on to be good still.

No, it’s really not. I will never be rested for any amount of time, other than when I go to bed between leveling the character.

Not going to happen. If you’ve played or watched people playing Shadowlands you’d know that it’s still faceroll 0 danger mode.

I don’t think I ever randomly ding from killing a mob, actually. I just leveled 7 characters from 1-120 and maybe 4 times that happened.

I won’t have rested exp. I don’t plan on creating the character then going to log out in an inn once the rested exp goes away. I, as a normal human being, plan to just do it in as few sittings as possible.

That’s not true at all, thanks for personally insulting me though :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah, they should just delete heirlooms period honestly.
:clown_face:

2 Likes

They also added, this could change at anytime before pre-patch. So nothing is set in stone.

Let’s be real though. This is Blizzard. They have a pretty astounding track record of making one pass at things, calling it good, and shelving it for 1.5 expansions until they need to “fix” it again.

6 Likes

40% increased mainstat for 2 minutes (Strength/Agility/Intellect), extended by killing things, seems pretty good, and increased regen out of combat makes less-tanky classes more efficient when moving between packs of mobs. 60% more rested experience is actually pretty good though as well, which straight up acts as increased experience gain assuming you don’t level a character all the way up the day you make them.

2 Likes

Then you certainly don’t need the old XP boost. You’re one of the ones that will have it leveled in half a day.

Happens to me ALL the time, in the open world and in dungeons. I’ve leveled off quests too, but in the middle of a fight happens A LOT.

Oh and I wanted to add what I’ve added to THIS statement in the past: You got the benefit from them already. It’s like having Early Access to something other players didn’t get because they didn’t spend extra on it.

Now you’re just losing that when everyone else is getting the same benefits as you.

I spent a bunch on these things as well, and I don’t feel like I wasted my money at all. And I plan on leveling more characters in the future, and these bonuses look like a great compromise so far.

I won’t say they might not need some tweaking, but this isn’t a bad start.

However, if you’re so hard up to level up as fast as you’re making it sound, just go get a level boost instead.

2 Likes

While the set bonus’s seem ridiculous, it’s better then what they originally planned which was scrap heirlooms altogether and THEN work on a replacement leaving us with nothing.

1 Like

these are terrible changes.

waiting = content :clown_face:

7 Likes