Hearthstone 10th Anniversary

guys

the current year in lore is 40

the first time we ever saw Hearthstone be referenced in WoW was MoP

MoP was year 30

10 years, 10th anniversary

guys i think this event is canon and i don’t know what to do with these implications

8 Likes

The Pandas are at it again I tell ya! Sneaky fellas :dracthyr_nod:

2 Likes

I thought the Diablo event was canon, because it specifically mentioned “whispers from another world,” but the Story Forum was like “No you’re wrong. It’s not canon because I say so lol.”

I could go down the rabbit hole of this topic, but if you REALLY want to get out there with it, the alternate realities presented in Hearthstone and the multiversal Nexus seen in Heroes of the Storm make it easily possible for literally every single crossover in Warcraft’s history to be 100% canon.

This would mean that everything from both Diablo events, all Diablo mounts and pets, and even the existence of a Diablo card in Hearthstone all completely abide by the established canon.

1 Like

The way I understand it, the canon of Hearthstone is that it’s a game played in Azeroth using cards that reference the actual heroes of Azeroth.

That means that the Hearthstone storylines exist in Azeroth—as stories. Like the citizens of that world are all writing Real Person Fanfic. There’s no basis AFAIK for suggesting that any of the wild stuff in Hearthstone “actually” happened.

7 Likes

Their take on the March of the Lich King expansion was that it was “plausible canon,” and really just honed in on and embellished an event that actually occurred in the lore. I kind of hope they take that approach with more of their expansions going forward.

2 Likes

nah hearthstone is still separate canon imo
can you imagine a card game about real figures
Anyone want to trade Kim jung un

Exactly and the characters presented in Hearthstone are canonized only when they make their appearance in game. Though we can assume the characters we’ve played as may very well exist like Sir Mirrglton and Reno etc.

They appear every so often and we should be happy to see them in game. I really want to see Hedonis the Void Elf singer.

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for Rafaam to become an actual character in WoW canon.

6 Likes

He was in the Dragonflight alpha

If we could figure out a way to make a game using baseball cards, I could.

true
but it seems less offensive than war figures. imagine your parents were killed by orcs and the kids are playing with hellscreams

1 Like

What are we, some kind of World Of Warcraft?

perhaps the real world of warcraft was real life all along

Haven’t we seen several characters of the league of explorers in wow over the years already?

Oh wait, there’s a daily in Eon’s Fringe where we see kid Anduin talking about Hearthstone. Was he that young in MoP?

Edit: WoW I accidentally posted a copypasta lol.

1 Like

He was that young in Classic/BC. He was a teenager in MoP and a young adult in Legion probably 17-19 and now in TWW he’s about 25 they said in Blizzcon. Something like that. He’s well into his 20s now. When the game started I think in 2004 he was 10ish?