Heart of Azeroth after 50 - Do SOMETHING Blizzard

A large portion of the rewards are now utterly pointless exercises.

I know there were complaints about azerite taking too long to unlock but now even my alts that I dont play a whole lot are about to cap out on the heart of azeroth and 8.2 would seem to be at least 6-8 weeks out.

Any chance the AP could be converted into gold or titanium residue?

Seems like a lot of content will become meaningless. Likely not so bad if you play alts but if you didnt - i could see unsubscribing as completely reasonable, until the next patch is about to drop.

The content drought in BFA is real. One of thosemoments where “less is more” kind of resonates.

Even dublons or honorbound service medals. SOMETHING!!!

9 Likes

tHat’S whAt YoU gEt fOr gRinDing HAHAHAHAHA DERP!

Seriously… just doing everyday thing will get you to 50 easy. It’s not a grind. Now more than half of the contents seem pointless to even bother. The biggest joke is 1500AP for doing 4 Wquests (half of them reward AP) Haha… why even f**king bother.

8 Likes

That’s actually true.

Everyone should have learned since Legion that there are going to be insane catch up mechanics that keep the extreme casuals only a hair behind people who hardcore grind.

1 Like

They will in 8.2, you grinded it out religiously now you want more LOL.

Im really not that heartbroken that their isn’t a lot of motivation for me to do wq’s now other than more 10k exalted chests, but lol@there not even being an achievement for getting a 50 neck.

2 Likes

Honestly, having 50 I don’t care too much that AP rewards are now utterly worthless.

I’d rather than give me gold of course for when I do get AP just through things I’m doing, it be great to get 1g per 1AP that isn’t being applied any more since gold is so miserable to try and get this xpack. But with them worthless, I have zero need or reason to do anything that provides AP, which frees up the time I do play to focus on other things.

why would you want achievement saying “I grinded endlessly and wasted my life to level 50 necklace” when blizzard said they do not want this to feel like a grind but something you got passively?

Nah… just doing daily WQs, 4 expeditions per week, maybe a dungeon or two a day, maybe a raid a week, and sending troops on missions will get you to lvl 50 easy. That’s not grinding.

4 Likes

You’d think people would enjoy having a break from the grind…

2 Likes

Grinding is part of what used to keep players subbed.

1 Like

I will agree that after recently reaching lvl 50 the Emissary rewards have a chance to give nothing but Rep. Would like to see an alternative in place. But as for the WQs rewards and what not, it is relieving to not farm.

That is my situation minus the expeditions and missions. Havent dont more than 2 expeditions in 3 months.

After finally getting to 50 I understand the complaints somewhat. Now my turtle emissary gives no reward other than Rep. Its a pretty dead reward now. And yes, I know about the chests, but if I cared that much I would have grinded WQs all this time which I didn’t.

I didnt really “grind endlessly” for it, or have even been doing wq’s everyday (there was a month or two period last patch where I was hardly playing or playing alts). The vast majority of the time I just do the 4 quests required for the emissary, which takes around 15 min usually. I’ve also maybe done a total of 20 islands this whole expansion.

I honestly felt behind and like I could have gotten it quite a bit quicker with like, 30 min more effort a day as opposed to the recent 10-15min I’d spend dedicated to leveling up my neck. Other than that its just arenas and whatever I get from the 1 or 2 m+'s I run a week (except for the week a couple weeks ago that was pretty easy affix-wise so I ran bunch of dungeons to boost my io score). Like, its not that hard, or even really require that much time per day if you’ve been playing the whole xpac

edit: also for what its worth, you kind of indirectly get gold from it if you’re exalted with the faction related to the emissary. You get 1500rep + the 175 or w/e it is per quest, so lets say 2k, that ends up being around 800g per emissary since the chests have around 4k gold in them. Although they’re not completely “not worth it”, you get that without a level 50 neck so it still doesnt really feel that great

I don’t get why they can’t make it vendorable or BOA for alts once you hit 50.

There were people grinding it but people who didn’t grind but just consistently played also got to lvl 50 far sooner than Blizzard expected. Blizzard didn’t bother design “when they reach lvl 50” It’s very sloppy for them. This AP concept isn’t even a new thing.

Each emissary is indirectly worth about 800g after exalted with the 10k chests

Blizzard isnt about rewarding work OP.

Mine will cap this week and I am fine taking a break from things. In fact, I welcome the break.

I sure will and I was never grinding this anyway but lately I have been doing all these just for azerite so I can just quit doing them for awhile.

There is no point in doing 80% of the content right now.

2 Likes

Just another vindictive “fix” in a long line of vindictive fixes from Ion. It seems like any time the lowly peasants dare to force the king’s hand to make changes to his perfect creation he goes out of his way to come up with the worst, most player-unfriendly solution. “You want to fly… oh you will get to fly… and for fReEEEe~” “You don’t like my azeryte system? Oh no worries I’ll make it easier to get and once you cap well… I’ll make the majority of rewards AP!”

Seems like the guy managed to get through life without anyone saying “no” to him so he can’t handle the fact he isn’t a perfect human.

And the 20% is one warfront and WQ’s.

It’s not catch up. It’s a failure to to get people into group content and a desperate move to hold onto the daily loot treadmill players.