<HEALTHY> Cata PvP Changes

By the time you get to the point where you “need to be competitive” you’ll already have that gear lol.

Most of the people who are whining about not being capable of getting the the pieces aren’t at a “competitive” level of skill anyway and never will be.

I’ve seen a couple people in full furious with 2.2+ it’s more of a skill issue than gear.

If you’re able to get all Wrathful with the exception of helm/shoulders/weapon(s), then you’re MORE than geared enough to push 2.2 or higher. Especially this late into the season.

But yeah I was talking about the cosmetic elite sets in Cata, originally

1 Like

what is the problem having one single itemslot that is “somewhat hard to obtain”? THE ONLY rating-locked item is a weapon

moving the wep from 2200 to 1600, when there are already 2 other free tiers of weps with no rating req, seems kind of lame. why would casuals push past 1600? for a recoloured pvp set when transmog exists offering limitless cosmetic options?

Thread has been done to death though and i see many of the same posters

i think cata will really disprove all these people asking for free gear. The rating reqs are not turning people off wrath arena, they just don’t enjoy its gameplay. Hopefully I am wrong but I don’t really think so, most classic players just want to raid

edit for clarity: i don’t think the ladder will pump up in Cata, because chars need over 1000cr to “place” and increase the number of title spots. How many PvEers will just yolo cap every week and never pass 1000? There is literally no incentive for them to win matches, the nearest reward is a distant 2200 wep or a tabard higher than that

The thing is, the 2200 elite recolors are extremely rare. Probably less than 1% of the overall population gets it, i’d wager. I myself will be playing pvp pretty much exclusively for the 2200 cosmetic knowing full well that 1, it’s a limited time set from season to season, and 2, knowing that your average joe can not, and will not be able to obtain it later on. Much like the WotLK tabards are, right now.

Sure, if you’re on a big pvp server where “all” the rank 1 players are sitting in town, then it might not seem so special, but when you que for a random BG, you HARDLY see anyone with the 2300 tabard. Again, I’d wager it’ll be the same thing for the 2200 elite sets.

Now, if they want to reduce the stats of the elite weapons down to the same item level as the regular non rated weapons, then sure, keep the rating requirements at 2200. Since then it will only be cosmetic.

I do partly agree. The rating requirements probably don’t diminish players from playing to an extent some people may claim, buuuuuuuuut.

Why are we fighting to keep the barrier to entry so high? I’m not saying -you- are, but like…

Why. Does. The. Barrier. To. Entry. Have. To. Be. So. High?

Doesn’t make sense to me. Introduce more, or other types of rewards. Let me play alts. Let me try different classes without having a scape goat of saying gear is the reason.

If i lose a game, i want it to be because i wasn’t that good, not because i didn’t live a cheap shot kidney into blanket CS. Just saying. Resiliance, stamina, spell power, and of course, the fact that (from a healer pov) the more spell power you have, the less you have to heal, which means the more mana you save, which means longer games don’t turn into losses…

I’ve already played enough 40 minute games where I WAS THE UNDERDOG IN GEAR and lost because of RNG… But why was it 40 minutes? Because the other team wasn’t skilled enough despite the gear advantage, and my team didn’t have the gear to overcome the disparity. Mind you, this is at 2.4k mmr in 2v2. I get it, thats pisslow elo.

But gear really shouldn’t be -that- big of a difference. My warrior doesn’t have smourne (bad take since it’s not pvp item, i get it) but the other does, and we still go into a 20 minute game? Like nah. I’d rather just not play the game entirely. Gear really has no place in a pvp environment. I hold a stone wall, stubborn, will not change my mind, can not change my mind, attitude on that stance.

I don’t think it will, either. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try. Or are you actually saying that there should not be any changes what so ever BECAUSE you believe the ladder will continue to decline, and it would be a waste of time and resources? If so, then i can at least see that point.

I think a better question is, “How many people will be inclined to play alts because the barrier to entry is at an acceptable level?”

I don’t know man. I just think letting the game die is such a waste. Not having changes. Being stubborn in regards to keeping the old way the old way for the sake of it being how it originally was, to an extent — to the extent you are saying right now, is asinine, personally.

Add more rewards maybe? Don’t keep gear that inherently has more stats locked. Why do people crave having higher stats and a power level advantage so much over other people?

I -know- it’s fun to stomp other players. I -know- people love to crush the enemy. Do that in BG’s. Do that in unranked mode. Ranked mode should be as even, as equal possible.

i quit playing til i get my shadowmourne(6 last shards phew) - and i will still be in dogsh!t gear when i get it btw.
played til got my tabard and stop
no reason to queue, gear just makes game unfun

1 Like

So you’re telling me, that all those people who can’t get the 2200 weps won’t play because of a small subset of people will be able to get them?

Those people at 2200 won’t be playing the people below them that can’t get it lol. Why does it matter

no man, he is saying that because its cool to have them
its a prestiege
but the skin, only.
not different status and being in advantage for that when you are “already better” than the ones still rising.
having the prestige of the skin is already rewarding enough

1 Like

Yes and no.

No, but not because they themselves can’t get it, but because they can and do face others who do have it.

Yes because if you get 2200 in 2s, you can take that gear advantage into 3s, 5s, and soon to be RBGs.

Like wise, if you 5s, or soon to be RBGs, your cap will be significantly higher (for “reasons”?) and you can earn gear faster and bring that gear advantage into again, 2s and 3s. The only difference between cap and rating requirements now is eventually everyone will get a full set before the season ends, instead of not being able to get it at all.

It goes back to this statement.

The real answer is, it doesn’t have to be high. In fact, other than capping weekly, and perhaps having a catch up cap, the only limitation should just be playing the game, getting points, and buying the gear.

Cosmetics -should- have rating requirements. Tabards, mounts, enchants recolors, armor recolors, and titles should all have rating requirements. Gear and weapons that give stats should have no rating requirements what so ever.

Exactly.

I know some people do play the game for the gear differences. Go do BGs. There’s almost always people who are undergeared in there. Unranked, anything goes.

1 Like

Make warriors good in Cata PvP

The difference is negligible lol, the people you’d beat on the way up to 2/2.2+ wouldn’t get slaughtered by someone better than them and immediately say, oh he’s got the 2.2 wep that’s why I got cooked.

While I agree overall that there doesn’t need to be a stat increase weapon, I don’t see it as an issue worth complaining about or changing.

1 Like

the difference is maybe negligible this phase because shadowmourne makes everything else look silly
but in any other season the tier 2 weapon upgrade was massive

bumping this

Arena needs some life and the idea of a WoD style CQ catch up sounds amazing

1 Like

alphonce my guy
waiting for you in wod so we can wwdk

1 Like

WoD hype.

If it comes around, i’d definitetly be interested in playing WoD again. I miss the days of having 5 palaldins to play around on for the heck of it. Gearing was so easy