Health and Mana Bar below my character

Hello there,

Can I somehow move this so its above my head instead of below?

Thank you!

1 Like

There’s not a direct way to move it with the default interface. The easiest solution is probably to use an addon to customize it.

A nameplate addon like Plater, TidyPlates, or KUI Nameplates should have options to customize it, so that’s probably the easiest thing to try out.

You can’t move it. No. It’s part of the default UI.

You can either keep it as is or simply disable it.

ESC–>Interface–>Names–> Uncheck “Personal Resource Display”.

1 Like

You can actually make adjustments to it using the default UI, but it’s a bit more advanced. There are some cVars that can be used to move it around (which is actually how the addons move it.) So, you can move it around a bit (at least on the vertical axis) using console commands. But, as this is the New Player Forum, I suggested addons as they’ll generally provide a more user-friendly way to adjust stuff and messing with cVars and console commands is a bit more advanced.

Short answer: not within the current default UI.

Medium answer: the UI is getting a major/long overdue overhaul in Dragonflight. Most UI elements will be able to be moved, so I would like to assume those bars might have such an option, but we won’t know for some time.

Long answer: as with anything UI related, there is bound to be an addon that does what you’re looking for. A few options have already been offered. I myself was never a fan of the bar when it was added, so I just turn it off completely via ElvUI.
I want to say at one point there was a way to turn it off in the default UI, but I honestly don’t know. I’ve used ElvUI for well over ten years and haven’t played with the stock UI since Wrath.