Healing using razer naga... broken?

To start off, I am not trying to do a mouseover macro. I simply want to be able to click a players health bar and use my mouse keybindings to heal. But when i try if my mouse is hovering over any player health bars no healing keybind works.
It works perfectly fine with keyboard hotkey heals. This is not a problem with mouse keybinds and dps. My mouse can be sitting anywhere after i target a npc.

This is a huge annoyance for raiding and a minor issue for dungeons. Where im having to move my my mouse back and forth between the health bars and the middle of the sceeen for keybinds to work

Unit Frames eat mouse clicks by default. You’ll need to use Blizz’s Click Casting option or an addon like Clique to get around it.

1 Like

When and why was this implemented? I healed Classic-BFA and stopped before Shadowlands and never had this issue.

It’s been like that forever. Certain unit frames like VuhDo have click-casting built-in but for most the clicks get eaten.

Alternatively, if you remap your mouse buttons to keyboard keys, they also don’t suffer from the issue.

I’ve really only used about 3 addons. Dps meter, DBM, and weak auras. And I assure you i used Mouse button 4 and 5 religiously for rejuv/lifebloom and never had this issue. But thank you. Your wording has helped me. “Unit frames eat mouse clicks” I have stuff I can actually look into now.

Also my Naga is mapped to keyboard buttons. Like 1-4 works fine if i use keyboard but the moment i try to use my razer naga to cast regrowth if my mouse is over a unit frame it fails to work.

I use vuhdo and since patch my unit frames aren’t changing color when a player gets a magic debuff. I’ve updated my addons and i’ve never had this issue in previous patches.

I’m wondering whats up? It’s difficult knowing which player needs to be dispelled now.

2 Likes

Not seeing an open ticket for it but the patch just dropped a couple hours ago so it might not be reported yet.

https://gitlab.vuhdo.io/vuhdo/vuhdo/-/issues

My guess is that it likely is a byproduct of the changes made to dispels that was outlined latest patch notes. For reference this is the section I am referring to:

• Macros that use the non-healer versions of dispels will now override the ability with the healer dispel variant if the player is in a healer specialization. This applies to Discipline, Holy Priest, Holy Paladin, Restoration Druid, and Restoration Shaman. Mistweaver Monk and Preservation Evoker already had this functionality.

A change like this could definitely cause the issues that you are experiencing and it most definitely will likely require some changes to the addons code and maybe some changes to the in built macro setups that it uses to resolve it.

Hum, thats interesting. Thank you for explaining it in a way I can understand.

I wonder if other click to cast addons like clique were affected?

Still no updates on curseforge for vuhdo and the issue persists. Hope they fix it soon

2 Likes

Looks like there’s some tickets for it though.

1 Like

This issue thankfully seems to be fixed on the latest build as of this morning. It was driving me crazy last night because I was also having this same issue and it wiped my raid lol