Healing low level dungeons as lvl 45 - does it throw off scaling

Hey everyone,

So before the squish and before timewalking i was having a pretty fun time leveling through old school dungeons as a resto shaman. I did like 1-15 (pre-squish) and then i switched to doing only dungeons and got up to about level 55 (pre squish). That was all a few months ago…now that i’m back i was about to level a brand new druid and do the same thing. But instead i got my Legion capped/geared druid and tried doing Sunken Temple as resto. So she’s level 45 right now and with an ilevel of 50 on all her gear and 70 on her Artifact weapon. She was basically farming Legion WQ’s for a while and i had all 3 relics in her Art weapon.

So my question is will it throw off the dungeon scaling with me and my character level and item level being the way it is? will mobs be harder for the rest of the group to kill if i’m in there healing on a level 45 with ilevel 50 gear vs a level 20 with heirlooms?

Nope. Scaling doesn’t work that way - your level and/or your gear will make no difference to the rest of the group while leveling. The scaling adjusts for the individual player, so you’d be just fine and your group will bear no ill effect from your level or your gear.

ok thank you…it was just my first time doing a vanilla dungeon since the squish/level scaling was put in and the mobs in there took a bit longer to kill then i remember. Also one of the party members made a comment about it too so thats why i was wondering if i had something to do with it.