Healing Dart (embellishment) sucks for Resto Druid

I’m trying to understand why most guides are recommending the Healing Dart Embellishment.

I put it on a new crafted 2-hander that I made, and looking at the raid logs for the last two days, it’s always at the bottom of the list, doing almost no healing. On one fight, I used Renewal once, and it did more healing than the Healing Dart Embellishment did during the entire fight.

1 Like

Same results for my Priest, under 1% of my healing…

1 Like

Yea, I put this on my healing weapon craft early on in season 1 and discovered it’s a complete waste of time. There’s only one real option for this slot and it’s the thing that makes you not lose your food when you die, lol.

Whatever Blizzard intended with this item, they clearly failed. I thought it might get some attention throughout season 1 but nope, nothin’. Don’t waste your time with this.

Well yeah, it was horrible during Season 1 also. The difference seemed to be that everyone knew that it sucked and no one was recommending it. In season 2 people were saying that it got buffed and all of a sudden guides were recommending it… but in reality it still sucks.

There had to have been some logic behind it being recommended on multiple sites all of a sudden, right?

1 Like

Ah, I didn’t realize there was a change there, thanks for clarifying!

Do you know if there was actually a change, or was it just people saying there was one?

(I checked the entry on wowhead and there’s been no updates since 10.0.0, but I’m not sure if there’s a different spellid at play here.)

I think it will possibly be worse in raid except for fights where no one is ever at full health.

The way it works is, it has a chance on healing to poop out a dart targeting a RANDOM ally within like 60yd range, not the person you healed.

AND it can be intercepted by whoever is in its path first, this why it is consistently at around 80% overhealing.

The raw potential healing of it is actually pretty nuts though and there’s not really any other embellishments I can think of that are a good hps boost. So if that helps you feel better about it.

Well I was going based on what guides like these were saying:

It’s possible that the “monster 166% buff” that Wowhead mentions was based only on PTR data and was reverted or changed before 10.1 went live, but if that is the case, they are certainly in no hurry to change their advice despite 10.1 having been out for several weeks now.

While the guides from the other sites don’t specifically mention any buff, they still seem to give it pretty high praise. Considering that no one was recommending it in Season 1, having every site recommending it all of a sudden would fit with the idea that it was buffed. But again, actual numbers seem to show it performing poorly in Season 2 so far.

In Season 1 I ran with a combo of Elemental Lariat and the Embellishment that gave you extra Mastery if you were over 90% health. I know that Elemental Lariat was nerfed, but I still can’t imagine it being worse than what the Dart is doing. The Mastery embellishment was never one that was recommended much, but I liked it because I have a play-style that utilizes Mastery extensively. I can’t imagine that being worse than the Dart either.

2 Likes

For guides, think its more that every other embelishment got nerfed hard or is new and expensive, while healing dart got buffed pretty big with this patch. At least if theyre about raiding.

Lariat needs 5 gems socketed to sim at better thorough-put and with people transitioning gear constantly cause new patch keeping that many sockets is not likely for most players.

The potion extender is worthless since it doesnt work on frozen focus and chilled clarity is a net loss for us with its gcd change.

The mastery one is okay when your health is stable but they probably expect alot of dipping in early progression of the season and mastery is generally lower on our stat priorities for raiding anyway.

That new cloak looks nice defensivly but its new and expensive and probably not necessary til extremely high keys when bearform isnt enough and thats pretty far off for most people.

Think the dreamgrove concensus was theyre all pretty bad so just choose whichever you like; heal dart just sims highest.

Thanks for posting… and yea, I don’t really know what the source is so it may well have been PTR data that didn’t get reverted. Usually they’re right on top of that though, unless it was just never announced that it was reverted?

Either way, good to know, thanks!

It would be ok it didnt just mostly overheal everytime it gos off, maybe they should make it only proc on something under 50%.

I got an Undulating Sporecloak, mainly for it’s defensive benefits, and was surprised to see it doing triple what the Healing Dart was doing on most fights.

1 Like

Blue Silken Lining is pretty good for many healers if searching for an embellishment that increases HPS. I wouldn’t go out of my way to craft a weapon for this embellishment if I have more pressing needs to solve via crafting, but if I’m already going to craft a weapon and have a free embellishment, it’s something I’d heavily consider.