Healers for Azeroth (Cross Faction Event)

There was a time, not so long ago, that we stood mostly united against the Legion. Druids, Monks, Priests, Paladins, and Shamans from both factions, stood as Champions of not just their side, but their class as well.

I will not exaggerate. This was never in a perfect truce. This was never true peace.

Let us be completely honest. Both sides often killed the other and made their favorite justifications, like always. Most likely, we always will.

However imperfect our actions during the conflict, we won together. The Burning Crusade was over. Countless worlds were saved from the Mad Titan and his armies.

In those days, despite hostilities, within the neutral confines of Dalaran, we did accommodate our factional adversaries. Most treated each other with a certain level of professional courtesy.

We have received Magni’s urgent call to volunteer us to be the Champions of our dying world. Right now, whether Alliance or Horde, we all wear that sacred duty around our very necks.

We are those that heal by calling upon the Elements. We are those that heal by praying to the Light. We are those that heal by weaving the Mists. We are those that heal by channeling Nature.

We are those that literally dispel corruption, curses, disease, and poison. We are the those that literally breath life back into the dead. We are literally the last spark of hope in any desperate situation.

In the end, we might be our world’s only hope. Thus, more than any other group, for Azeroth, we must be brave enough to keep the lines of communication open.

In the end, it is possible that both warring factions may end up with only part of the puzzle of how to stop this. In the end, it is also possible, we may need more than the healers of one side to heal the planet.

We can deny this. However, if the world itself dies as a consequence, what was the point?

Both sides lose anyway. Both sides would forfeit every life they swore to protect. This possible outcome should be unacceptable for both sides.

War or not, military duties aside, I propose we share any ecological, medical or mystical information both sides run across that may save our world. Though all the pieces to the puzzle are likely not known now, we must keep at least the neutral lines open for the greater good.

Thus, since it seems not to be a time reserved for other things on either side, I propose we set aside a simple hour, starting at 7 pm, every Saturday (server time). This may be open to debate, if necessary. As this message will need to travel the world, I propose we begin on Saturday, April 6th.

For a place, I propose we open a neutral communication lines, under the unassuming excuse of randomly “having drinks” at “The Legerdemain Lounge” in Dalaran (War Mode On), above the Broken Shore. This is accessible via hearthstone, as “speed to respond” is a need for our calling.

Both sides can speak using the Elixir of Tongues, available for purchase in the Dalaran sewers below. If tempers rage and bloodshed is unavoidable, we can also solve this in the Dalaran sewer arenas below.

No single guild or side should be responsible for such an important endeavor. I will be looking for volunteers, from both sides, to cosponsor this event.

This is not for the Alliance or the Horde. This is our duty to Azeroth. War or not, neither side has opposed the work we are already doing for Magni anyway.

As we are all aware, the very nature of our duties as healers may sabotage any single person’s ability to consistently show. For this duty, we must have each other’s back. This should be weekly from this point forward.

This is not completely without benefit. Even across class or faction, only this select group will truly understand what it is we do.

Only you all will know, what it feels like to use every last ounce of mana, keeping up those running around with their “pants on their head”, while they refuse not to stand in every random fire…

Only you all will know, what it feels like to chase after the A.D.D. tanks, that will blame you for their inevitable death, from compulsive rushing without letting you recharge mana…

Only you all will know, what it is like for an entire battleground enemy group auto lock on you from an “All Healers Must Die” modification spell, while your teams non-peeling dps scream at your fresh corpse for not healing them…

This is up to you my fellow heroes of the Horde. This is up to you my honored adversaries of the Alliance. We can reopen the line of communication necessary to save the world, or we can lament what we should have had the courage to do as the world ends.

So brothers and sisters, I respectfully await the feedback of my Champion peers. After all, it is the actual life of our world that may hang in the balance…

/salute

7 Likes

This sounds really fun, I’ll be there! <3

4 Likes
  • listens to the announcement with no visible reaction *
4 Likes

Sounds interesting. I will try to come. I do have an rp convention on that date as well though for alliance

3 Likes

I would like to go. ( I will bring guildies if they can make it)
I’ve posted it on the Horde RP community calendar for all of next month. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sounds like fun - Elves have posted on our calendar and will send representatives from our Magisters division!

5 Likes

Shalanori gazes into the softly glowing whitish-blue orb held in the palm of her hand, her pupils dilating and constricting as the words of one of her own people, a healer, seem to wend their way from the orb to her own perfectly shaped, delicate ears. which twitched almost imperceptibly. “Bal’a dash, sister of the blood,” she spoke from the darkness, regally yet softly. “Your words have found their way to me across distance and time itself. We honor you for your dedication to our people and the path which you have chosen. We would only ask that you never forget the betrayals and slaughter we Sin’dorei have endured. Go with our blessings. May the Sunwell always be with you.” Her voice suddenly faded into an unknown ocean of silence as she closed her hand about the orb.

Grand Magister Shalanori Sunshadow,
Elves of the North

4 Likes

Redwood Tribe’s renowned healers are ready to stand by our brothers and sisters as we seek solutions to this most dire of situations.

May the Earth Mother guide us to those answer we need!

4 Likes

I should be there! I’ve also posted it in our upcoming events list on discord.

5 Likes

Interesting…

4 Likes

I am interested in doing this as well. I have a few healers on either side that can join.

4 Likes

The Week’s days are winding down, as appointed hour is nearly here,

The Dalaran hearthstones will humming, while the Champions appear,

Soon, Healers will be drinking wine, spirits, and beer,

Studying the puzzles and clues both sides find so hopelessly unclear,

While striving to find a cure for our wounded world one day near…

/salute

2 Likes

Redwood continues to spread the word that healers are needed for this gathering. We must bring whatever knowledge, whatever overheard conversations, and whatever solution however impossible it may seem, to this assemblage. We can do anything, including save Azeroth, if we work together!

4 Likes

We begin tonight.

/salute

2 Likes

This was so much fun! and a nice turnout too, <3 <3 <3

4 Likes

Group notes distributed as promised, by subtle use of the Swiftsilver Cartel

I would first like to thank everyone for attending. May the simple seeds sown grow into the answer we seek.

The next meeting should follow next Saturday. It will be up to the group if we need to adjust the time or the place.

That said I must get down to business. Now that we have the way to communicate back and forth, I will fill you in and share some of what I know.

As I confessed last night, while attempting to destroy the Legion, I unknowingly held the old god Xal’atath within my hand. She was literally the underestimated intelligence behind the Blade of the Black Empire.

Being drawn into the vast undertow of her manipulative whispers, I have been cursed to know many of the horrors in the great dark cosmic void. In this, I’ve learned how the Void taunts.

This includes something I must safely imprint and share via minor memory crystal. In this, you will literally hear her voice, but there is a statement you must hear for yourself.

Many may scoff at these Void beings that exist beyond time and space, but they often taunt and sneer at us with a truth we don’t understand at the time. You will hear this for yourself. As the old goddess predicted the bleeding of our world before we had even defeated the Legion…

There is more to know and more to decipher. I didn’t even know what the whisper meant until it was too late to even act.

May we not falter so with the task of saving our world. As I said, I think fate is just cruel enough that the omens and evidence are already there on what we need to do, but it will be spread in such a way that we will fail to act.

I further think that other answers exist within the Elements, within the Light, within the Mists, and within Nature. I myself might be on the wrong path to finding the answer. However, without comparing notes, we will never know.

Dear friends and honorable adversaries, I have only this to say. May we find that answer. May we be wise enough to act in time with what must be done.

/salute

4 Likes

This is a really nice concept, and at a perfect time within the content we’re in now. I look forward to the next meeting as well as the ideas that are brought to it.

3 Likes

The new questions from the last war need answers. Perhaps we will figure them out tonight…

/salute

Saturday May 11th will be the last day that HAUNT is hosting the Healers for Azeroth event. I want to thank everyone that attended in these past few weeks, but it seems to be a good time to take a break before everyone goes on vacation.

/salute

3 Likes