Hc/1.14 ptr

Do y’all think we’ll see the PTR before ToC releases on the 22nd?

By that point we’ll be at around 5 weeks after this post.

1 Like

Imo, if the shelf-life of interest in HC is only a few weeks or a couple of months, then it probably wouldn’t be worth releasing any official servers.

I somewhat doubt that’s the case, but I suppose we shall see!

1 Like

I think there’s probably enough demand for a hardcore server long term but the months of delay following the announcement seems silly and out of touch. Just remove the ability to resurrect, drop the servers while the news is hot and tweak later if you want.

3 Likes

There’s typically months or even years between announcements and launches for new games, aren’t there?

How long before WoW Classic launched was it announced?

1 Like

Typically doesn’t really apply to such a niche mode of a game. Rarely does it take super long to put in a “bonus or alt” mode. So yes it is a little out of touch with today’s way games are updated.

1 Like

Fair enough! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Soon TM /10char

1 Like

Was hoping to hear something before June and see servers in July maybe August… :frowning:

2 Likes

Same - I heard all the pvp “large changes” will be tested in the PTR. Makes me wonder exactly what the have in store, excited to find out.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m hoping we hear something soon.

Hopefully within the next week or two to give us sometime before ToC drops and so we already have it to go too once we all go back to raid logging after week 1 of ToC.

Really interested to see what they have in store for HC and the PvP changes.

2 Likes

of which year?

Mek me water in me eye… :frowning:

1 Like

They stated a few weeks ago the PTR would be coming in “several weeks”. So that should be mid/late June.

The official server won’t be until August prob.