Havoc rotation ST

So I just got to 60 on my new Demon Hunter. Love him.

I ran a sim last night to help me with rotations on single targets and it did not cast Blade Dance even once. 3 minute fight sim and not a single blade dance. It didn’t even occur to me that it is a DPS loss on ST. Is this accurate? There are only so many buttons to push so I assumed even as filler it would work but not according to my sim.

and yes I get its an AOE spell… I just thought it was part of every rotation.

What say you?

Blade dance is only part of your single target rotation if you take the talent first blood, otherwise it does less damage than chaos strike for only 5 less fury.

1 Like

It used to be the rule to never press it in ST. With the recent changes to the dancing with fate conduit, and the 2 piece set bonus coming in 9.2, there’s some thought that this is becoming a button you will press in ST. There is actually a viable build you can run to include this button right now, I’ve been using it to practice my rotation going into 9.2. Check out Jedith’s video on YouTube to see how the build works.

I personally have been playing 332_221 using the burning wounds leggo in raid and M+.

Need to use the dancing with fate conduit with it.

Also play NF mostly however venth has pulled ahead for ST using 11(2 or 3)_121. Need to use nadjia or theotar if you get a crit or haste tea proc.

Tried multiple talent builds and have come to the conclusion that playing what feels comfortable is the best way to play a class. I feel too many people get it in their head when they sim something they have to play that build and never want to try playing something different.

3 Likes