Havoc demon hunter talent DARKNESS fix

Instant 5 min cooldown

Requires Demon Hunter (Havoc)

Requires level 39

Summons darkness around you in an 8 yd radius, granting friendly targets a 20% chance to avoid all damage FROM AN ATTACK. Lasts 8 sec.

New

Instant 5 min cooldown

Requires Demon Hunter (Havoc)

Requires level 39

Summons darkness around you in an 8 yd radius, granting friendly targets a 70% chance to avoid all damage FROM ALL THE ATTACKS. Lasts 8 sec.

It would all be ALL THE ATTACKS

For all DH Havoc to understand, it is only one attack, not all attacks and putting the pvp talent to 50% extra to have 70% of an attack is not worth it. It has touched me most of the times that it applies it to the damage of a Mage Dot and not a Pyro etc …

Blizzard now how to fix it, but doesn’t want to, and still asks us for opinions to repair what the Devs screwed

Uhm.

Darkness counts each individual instance of damage as a separate “attack”. So when it says “You have X% to avoid damage from an attack,” it means that you have X% to avoid any attack that comes your way, no matter how many that may be, for the duration.

Basically whenever damage is sent your way, and you’re standing in darkness, the server rolls to see what happens. If it gets the proper roll it absorbs the damage from that attack. This happens every time you’re attacked while effected by the buff.

2 Likes

Your idea effectively makes it a group Cloak of Shadows while standing in it? That’s a bit much. Not to mention the cooldown is 3min right? Not 5. The last thing the DH class needs is its defensive skills to be on even longer cooldowns.

The only thing I’d like to see them do with darkness would be to no longer tie us to the field on the ground. Basically we drop the field of darkness on the ground and it stays there for 5 seconds and would constantly reapply a ‘lingering darkness’ buff for 3 seconds that self refreshes while in the field. This way if we leave the field we retain a few seconds of the darkness effect. If they want to remove the PvP talent and build that into the base skill, that would be great as well as right now we’re basically forced to take this 100% of the time simply because the DHs RNG defenses are so poor.

So short of making it single target and effectively giving us cloak of shadows, I don’t think they can really do anything with this skill other than what I mentioned above.

I’d rather see them improve blur I think. At least blur is on a short cooldown and can be up somewhat regularly. Blur being changed to increase dodge and parry by 50% for example. A way for its cooldown to be reduced, for example blade dance crits could reduce the cooldown by a couple seconds or something like that. Blade dance also providing a few seconds of blur each cast would also be an option.

Immolation Aura providing an anti-magic shell type effect would be another option so the class doesn’t need to eat 5 instant casts from a Mage that all crit and sitll not catch up since Mage is more mobile.

1 Like

What even is this post

2 Likes

Terribly uninformed, darkness needs a new visual effect and it should be cast like a sigil otherwise it’s a decent move and deserves a 3 minute cooldown

I think a simple fix would be useable while stunned…

3 min cd on the legendary, then maybe revert to an extra 10% pushing it to 80% that would help.

It really is bogus most comps we have to wear it to “try” and stay alive and we occasionally have bad rng and just roll over.

1 Like

What really needs to happen is it needs to be a flat damage reduction like AMZ but vs everything or usable while stunned.

This is either a very awkward and effective bait post or it’s just moronic.

Either way, it’s not worth much