Having issues with Gathermate 2 (Fixed, found solution, posted at bottom)

I have Gathermate 2 as well as the gathermate 2 data addons downloaded installed and fully updated.

It works and shows nodes I have discovered on my druid herb/miner but on every other herb/mining alt that I log onto, it does not.

I have tried to go into options> Addons> Gathermate 2 in order to access it and try correcting the problem. While on the druid this addon is visible in the options and i can enter the settings. However on all other characters it simply is not there so I cannot access the settings on other characters.

I have tried typing /gathermate to access the settings from text window instead. On the druid again this has worked and opened it up however on my other characters again this does not work.

I checked addons to see if they were disabled but they were not. The boxes both both the main addon and the data addon were checked.

I have tried logging out/in and /reloading several times with no success.

Edit: I finally figured out how to make it work. I unchecked the box (disabling it) then then checked it again. The addon said “required reload” and after doing the uncheck/check and then reloading the addon now works on my other characters!

That don’t work for me, I even uninstalled Gathermate 2 and the Gathermate 2_Data and reinstalling them even deleting saved variables and still there is an issue with the addon working properly especially on max level herbalists! I submitted an bug/issue report on the addon’s web page about the issue!

The last time I bothered with Gathermate2_Data, just having the addon wasn’t enough to put the pre-mapped nodes on the map. You had to go into Gathermate2 and import the data.

Not sure if this is the case still.

The puzzling part is the addon works like it should on characters below 80 but if the character is max level, 80, the addon isn’t showing the herbs that are currently spawned only the green circles that represent the possible spawn points.

The addon doesn’t do that. Showing in the minimap what nodes are spawned is entirely the responsibility of the game, and Gathermate2 doesn’t interfere with that at all.

Your character that isn’t seeing spawning nodes probably has “Track Herbs” or “Track Minerals” turned off.

Interesting, after checking the tracking on both max level herbalists, you were right. The herb tracking was turned off and I know it was something I didn’t do; I have never turned off the herb or mineral tracking on any character before. So, I wonder how it had got turned off.