Having a Legendary is bad for your class in modern wow

And your wallet.

For mythic, sure. But the majority of the raiding player base in LFR, normal, and heroic, that just doesn’t hold true. And while I’m certain Blizzard takes cues from mythic raiding for balancing, they certainly don’t ignore where the bulk of the player base sits for their tuning.

And even if I wanted to go along with the narrative for the start of the patch, why would Blizzard suddenly buff those specs so much (compared to the field) to bring more than half of them into the top half for mythic, and 4 out of 5 DPS specs into the top 10 for heroic with this most recent patch? If they truly wanted the axe to make up a major difference in throughput then they could have easily kept them middle of the pack to make it not stand out as much but then the ones with the axe wouldn’t shoot ahead of everybody; Blizzard is literally setting other specs up to complain when more players get the axe and start leapfrogging them in damage off the back of a single item.

With all that said, I do understand the point you’re making and it can’t argue it. When looking at the data at the start of the patch for mythic, especially for people who insist Blizzard only cares about the top 1% of players in all decisions they make, 4 of 5 DPS specs that can use the legendary were in the bottom quartile. If that’s truly where the narrative started, that may be true. However, with Blizzard’s tuning actions since, that clearly proved to either not be true or they have since had a change of heart given they’ve not only buffed them, but pushed most of the specs into the top 10 in heroic.

Just objectively false, you can see by looking at specifically heroic ret’s top end was still in the bottom third as well. Ret gets better the worse players are around them (free wings) and the worse the ret player is because the spec is incredibly simple. And it was still bottom third. I’m looking at the graph right now.

Now that came off a bit more aggressive than I meant, but I’m just trying to explain the numbers.

Genuinely I just hate that people DON’T KNOW what their bad luck protection is. Like how sad should I be that I don’t have it on any characters despite full clear heroic each week? Am I just unlucky? Is this average?

Literally felt both ends of this, as my Evoker got the fist weapon day one while this Warrior has yet to see the axe.

It is great design isn’t it? I really wish we just knew how much the bad luck protection ACTUALLY did. It is so dumb to not tell us.

I said nothing about ret when conceding about the 10.2 numbers. Fury warrior was the 1 out of 5 spec that was in the top half at 10.2 during mythic that I was referring.

So then why not change it before you hit send? Or if this was a quick edit, reword it along with the note of why you changed it?

Regardless, when I first responded on this thread, I didn’t consider the 10.2 state and was only looking at 10.2.5. I already conceded that the tuning for most 2H strength users was low. It’s not my inability to read the numbers, I didn’t think about when the narrative around tuning may have started so didn’t even look at 10.2, which was my bad.

But instead you decided to assume I just can’t read the logs properly, just like you assumed the 1 of 5 DPS spec I was looking at was ret paladin once I did look at the 10.2 charts. You claim you didn’t want to come across as aggressive, but this is twice the same post you’re drawing strong conclusions based on incorrect assumptions.

And this is the best part of all of this. When we look at the 10.2 numbers, there was only one true DPS spec below all the 2H strength users, mine. And I have no legendary to look forward to. So you can whine about how it’s bad to have unknowns around the BLP for your legendary, meanwhile the spec that was even further behind the pack from 10.2 has a 0% chance at getting a legendary to help them out. If anyone should be aggressive, it’s the specs that were at the bottom when 10.2 launched and the specs there in 10.2.5 that do not have any potential for a legendary. So forgive me for not feeling too empathetic toward people looking a gift horse in the mouth, a gift horse no other legendary seeker received either.

1 Like