Having a hard time understanding DiD shaman lore

The title pretty much says it all. I’ve watched a ton of videos, read a bunch of forums and am havinga hard time.

Any info or advice would be appreciated

DiD = Dissociative Identity Disorder?

What seems to be the part you are having trouble understanding about Shaman?

There doesn’t seem to be much a specific faction that Dark Iron Shaman belong to among their people. There’s only one notable Shaman character among them, Anvil-Thane Thurgaden, and he doesn’t seem particularly unique for the class besides, perhaps, his biased knowledge of fire and its associated plane.

The fact they have Shaman at all, is most likely due to being slaves to Ragnaros for a long time after Thaurissan unwittingly summoned him trying to get a weapon to defend against the other clans with. One could assume that, due to their overall connection to fire, even after Ragnaros’ demise, that the elements are fairly important, though as far as I know to what extent has never been established or elaborated on. There’s the Cult of Ragnaros, from the recruitment questline; I imagine Shaman would be favored there, though I don’t remember if any were among them during those quests. They’re clearly apart from the Dark Iron nation itself anyway, but I figured they were relevant enough to mention.

My own DID Shaman is a crusading Battle Shaman who is part of a small cult devoted to fire. I’ve grown fond of the idea of Shaman who revere and/or zealously serve the elements and it seemed pretty easy to make something of that with a Dark Iron, especially considering their history.

Here are some links to some of things I mentioned:

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Cult_of_Ragnaros

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Anvil-Thane_Thurgaden

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Dark_Iron_clan#Early_history

2 Likes

Dark Iron Dwarf.

I’m having an odd time trying to wrap my head around the class/race functionality. Like in example I’ve read there could be more traditional shamanism involving the elements rather than say the Goblin’s making bargains or contracts with the elements. It seems like that there seem to be two very different perspectives and sides on the front of Shamanism as a whole. Those who are attempting to be more traditional means and then there are shamans whom are more forceful in their ways to get various enhancements. We can take fire elementals, good ol’ Ragnaros and maybe even Dark Shamans into the mix here.

I think you and I were touching on the same thing here. the Dark Iron I am trying to create/mold’s end-game was suppose to be a fire elemental, enhancement shaman. I think doing that aspect or story of a Shaman could lead to what I am aiming for in terms of character.

and if none of these responses made sense, I apologize. It’s been a long day, tourist tower + fourth of july, whoo boy.

1 Like

Sounds like she should have been a Primalist.

Dark Iron dwarves at the point we recruit them in bFA have been officially part of the alliance for some years already sinxe the stablishment of the council of 3 hammers, so It is natural some DI can learn shamanism from the Wildhammer clan (same as the bronzebeards) but there is also another element.

Dark Iron dwarves are by nature connected to the elements due to the Ragnaros summoning, so by nature they might have an easier time connecting with the elements.

I’d like to think there’s a fine line between her and the Primalists in intent; not wanting to return the world to a state of primordial chaos, for example…that is unless that’s what the Firelord wanted.

Dwarves in general are the race probably most likely to subordinate class behind clan in priorities.