Have you been forced from a shard while remaining active?

Waiting for the magpies buff to become active. It pops, I start going to do gold quests and while in the middle of one I get shunted to a shard where it isn’t up and I lose it. Sharding is unquestionably worsening the playing experience, which is counter to the very reason it was put in in the first place.

5 Likes

I’m forced into or out of shards to the point where the game has become nearly unplayable and an active waste of my time. Not to be dramatic, but I could probably add up cumulative “hours” of my time that has been wasted as a result of this awful system implementation.

Here are all the things that have happened, on multiple characters, multiple times, over many weeks/months, and often many times in the same play session:

1. I’ve been in the superbloom, near to blue bag completion, sharded to lower progress, moved foward to blue bag, gotten close, sharded again, moved forward past blue close to purple, sharded back to green, had to fly BACK to the boss, finished halfway through (blue from old shard, no purple possible). I’ve also been within a “few hits” of killing the last boss in the superbloom and been sharded over to a group that won’t complete enough for the blue bag…
  2. I’ve done dragonriding WQ races, sharded in the middle of the race, received NO credit for the WQ, done it a second time, been sharded again, and had to do it a third time (although mostly it just happens once, it happens a LOT in total, upwards of 40 times now on multiple characters) Since I can’t see the shard happen, I often fly off as if finished, do another WQ, or get half way there, only to have to turn around when I notice I didn’t get the completion bag in my inventory…
  3. I’ve done rares and been within a few hits of a kill only to be sharded to an instance with no spawn.
  4. I’ve had at least 8 times that I’ve planted a seed, fed it to 50 percent or more, and gotten within a second of the flower bloom, and thus the reward, only to be sharded to another instance and receive “nothing” and lose the seed and reagents I spent.
  5. I’ve had all world bosses restart once, and sometimes twice when we were within a few hits of completing the kill, only to have to start over.
  6. My most recent one, today, I was assisting Splinterlimb do his “rounds” from 2 stacks to 8…this takes about 10 minutes or more to do. ONE SECOND before he landed at his final stop for 8 stacks…sharded. He was spawned in the new shard…ZERO stacks.
    Edit:
  7. Sharded while climbing 3 or 4 times. My climbing gear is removed, I’m dropped from wall, not given a parachute, and it’s death or near death from the fall, then I have to get the gear again and redo the climb from the bottom, although my count progress remains.

Fix this or I’m done. I’m in a well established guild that has existed for 19 years now, and I’ve played constantly since mid legion on this account…when my sub is up, I’m done if this continues, because now you’re “actively” throwing my time in the garbage for the sake of trying to balance something that doesn’t need it, or save server cycles, or whatever the motivation is. Put in activity checks to ensure you aren’t causing these issues, or do what other games do and give a 1 hour warning that the shard is ending, or request if they want to phase…seriously, there are solutions to this, you just have to care about doing them.

8 Likes

Just a small update that I’ve added as many forum posts as I can find to my CC thread. I’m still searching for additions but hopefully with everything together blizz can see how big this issue is.

Your frustrations are totally valid and I appreciate you coming forward with this. I just hope with this thread and the one I made in the CC that something can finally be done about it.

1 Like

Seem to have this happening more and more lately. Like I’ll be in the middle of doing a World Boss with a party and then suddenly we’ll all get shifted into another shard. And while it is rarer I’ve done dragon racing where I’ll be in the middle of the race and I guess during it I’ll be transferred to a new shard resetting my WQ daily ensuring I don’t get it.

1 Like

Here is bug report I started

I have all so posted in one or two others but could not find them when I made mine .

I’ve added it to the list of links! Ty!

Yesterday I was fighting one of the Elites in Brackenhide Hollow on my Paladin tank (Server Caelestrasz), got it down to about 10%, and it suddenly disappeared. Just snap, and gone.

I just stood there, staring at the empty spot, and muttering some bad language.

3 Likes

It has happened one time in recent days but I rarely do activities that require me to jump around between servers these days.

1 Like

I’ve stopped doing world content because it kept happening, especially in the Emerald Dream.

3 Likes

Several shardings today while doing various activities. C’mon Blizz atleast say something.

1 Like

Oh, yes. And it was very rude.

We were doing the WB in the Dream, just the other day.

As many may know, there’s a seed pile near the boss. It’s not rare for folks to pile up a purple seed while the raid is forming up. So, a bunch of folks showed up, and someone planted a seed. I piled on, and we waited, filled the dew up, and the bloom dropped and I looted it.

Since there were not enough of us to do the boss, I clicked the group finder for the WB, took the invite, and zoned it.

The raid was forming, and ANOTHER seed was planted in the new shard. I planted my own seed, put in some dew, and let it grow.

We started the fight. We had him, I would say, half way done when I got kicked from the shard. The boss was still active, as if he was still fighting, just another group, but nowhere near the progress.

I dove in, and we finished the boss directly.

But, since I got kicked from the shard that was not my home shard, I lost the seed. I was…annoyed, and then I dropped group, returning to my home shard.

While getting my bearings, controlling my inner rage, a bloom actually spawned at the seed area. This is notable because I had already looted that seed. But this was a new bloom. It was the right color (purple), but it’s was a dead bloom. As if you just planted a seed and left it with no dew.

It was honestly surprising that they formed the bloom for me, but it was the wrong one. It should of been filled with crests and rep.

2 Likes

The weekend fast approaches. How many times am I going to get sharded just sitting in Valdrakken? :dracthyr_shrug:

Keep the reports coming and if you’ve made a bug post recently; link it here!

More sharding for your amusement…

Feb 17, 2024:
@8:36am - Emerald Frenzy in ED, was close to 60% and had a bunch of corpses to loot to complete it. Not only did all the unlooted bodies disappear, but the Emerald Frenzy event completely disappeared from ED.
@8:48am - Emerald Amble race.
@8:50am - Emerald Amble race sharded again when rerunning it for wq purse.
@9:05am - Firebrand Fystian. Was about to spawn the rare and everything just disappeared.
@5:07pm - A Fiery Proposal quest in the Furnace Coil. All the mobs for the quest disappeared. Had to leave the area and fly around for a few minutes before the quest mobs returned. Not sure it was sharding or if the server hiccuped or what… but putting it in here anyway.
@6:06pm - Herbing in the Azure Span. No mobs around and found a decayed herb, was mid-herbing and it disappeared and about a dozen elite gnolls showed up.

Feb 19, 2024:
@1:46pm - Dream Surge. Close to 80% and the entire event just disappeared. Again.

Feb 20, 2024:
@2:50’ish pm - Was waiting for the Time Rift to start and kept having the same person keep trying to invite me to group. Which I kept declining. After the 5th time they invited me in 2 minutes I added them to ignore and THEY disappeared. The other dozen or so people were still in my shard. This type of sharding I approve of.

Feb 21, 2024:
@Afternoon to early evening - The entire time I was on (for 3+ hours on one toon) I did NOT shard that I could tell. I hardly saw any players whatsoever the entire time I was on doing world quests and mining. Almost had me fooled into thinking it got fixed, then I got chain sharded for the next half hour doing mining and rares when I went into ED.

Feb 22, 2024:
@5:35pm - Had a bunch of mobs just appear and kill my clothie when I was trying to herb (which disappeared). Then they all disappeared and the herb returned as I ressed. But then the herb despawned because I obviously wasnt the only one to try looting it.

3 Likes

There were several other incidents I had happen that I did NOT write down the times, but I’ve been getting them a lot in the last few weeks. In at least two of them, I was standing around in Valdraken waiting for my guildie to log on and all the players and NPCs completely disappeared. I was on my drake and I was completely unable to fly. I couldn’t log out, nothing. Had to force quit, and when I spawned back into the game I was not where I was standing before everything disappeared.

Which leads me to getting a lot of what I think SHOULD be Transfer Aborted: Instance Not Found errors… only it’s not actually giving me that error. Most of the time it happens I’ll fly into a zone and there are no players or NPCs. Since I cannot log out of the game and I cannot interact with anything, I am forced to force quit. When I come back into the game I’m falling to my death just coming into the zone I had entered. On a rare occasion, I’l be stuck on the ground unable to fly or interact with anything and the Transfer Aborted error pops up and I get kicked out of the zone OR the game completely.

I cannot help but think these, too, are sharding issues. That the game’s trying to throw me onto a different shard, but there’s no shard to throw me on. Just adding this since in some of said instances I was in an established and populated shard before it happened.

2 Likes

I posted about this in a bug report thread, but wanted to reply here too

I don’t have times, but have been doing quite a lot of ice fishing in Azure Span the last few days. I noticed I was sharding fairly often. Wasn’t to much of an issue, just break the ice again. But the one that made it really noticeable was when there was another guy there too. We kept phasing away from eachother and back every 10-15 minutes

What got me to start looking to the forums about this though, was today in Zaralek. Was soloing one of those bonus events. Got it to 75% and was sharded, progress went back to 0. That was a little frustrating

2 Likes

Im constantly booted from active Blooms in the Emerald Dream to dead Blooms. I also get bumped to a different shard when Im planting the seeds. Which is really awful because in the new shard nobody is there so there is no help with neither.

3 Likes

Happened to me the other day, actually. Was fighting a world boss in the Azure Span, and the raid I was in was booted to another shard just before the boss was about to die, meaning we had to fight it again. Such annoying tech to deal with.

2 Likes

As far as I’ve noticed, this has only happened once and it was within a raid group doing a world boss. Realistically it might happen more often, I just don’t notice.

1 Like

Quite a few threads the past several days in multiple forum channels.