Have they removed Roll the Bones yet

Please blizzard, end this torment, remove this ability, I rather play around with death from above or buggy killing spree than continue using RtB.

Changes for War Within look good, make it better by trashing Roll the Bones, its never been fun.

4 Likes

I kinda like the animation and theme, even the mechanic isn’t that bad from a thematic perspective. From a gameplay perspective though, it’s just a nightmare.

I don’t want to see it gone, but I do want to see it dumbed down to be less complicated to work with.

1 Like

Ok how about every time you refresh slice and dice it rolls the bones, buffs now can only roll out of 3, max of 1.

Make the buff impactful to a rotation, not your performance.

8 Likes

Its really not that bad with current 4 set

It is still bad.

:thinking:

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

1 Like

This is what should happen. Needless bloat to have them both when you could just merge them.

4 Likes

Really is that bad, as someone else said, needless bloat too.

If we were given the choice 100% same performance between not using roll the bones and using it, people would drop RtB.

2 Likes

I actually kinda like the idea of Keep it Rolling and optimizing your buffs uptime. The problem is that the entire spec is just way too much busy work to properly enjoy this. Just plainly removing RtB fixes nothing while taking away a thematic component.

Outlaw is due for a proper rework.

My suggestion of baking it into SnD is “thematic”, you can keep the animation, RtB is awful and does nothing but bloat and hold back the design of the spec.

This was the rework, they literally ruined combat with their rubbish, You used to have a heavy CDR flow based spec, now its activate all of these things at once while playing piano with your 11 buttons and while you do that, lets make vanish and shadowdance the spec defining abilities and style.

Outlaw in the name, not the style.

1 Like

I’ve been advocating for it to be the other way around, just add the attack speed buff to RtB as baseline buff. I don’t have a solution for RtB, but I would like to keep it in some capacity. The problem in S3 and S4 isn’t that the rolls are too much RNG, it’s that the rerolling/extending/cto logic is too complicated to track for 6 individual buffs.

This wasn’t an actual rework, I think they even mentioned this specifically. They basically introduced 2 new spells: Crackshot and Upperhanded Upper Hand, and did some class tree and spec tree tweaking. They fixed some problems with the previous iterations and introduced (a bunch of) new ones.

I’m really hoping for a proper rework, because so far we’ve heard nothing, not even a confirmation about the gameplay breaking bugs or that they are looking into it.

It still very much is, I’d argue even more CDR reliant than before due to the requirement of Adrenaline Rush needing 100% uptime.

They simply should pick either gameplay, not the clunky bloat they have now.

They need to reduce the complexity, and I’m hoping they can do it without removing the idea of rolling dice, because it kinda fits. If they can’t fix it I’m okay with just removing it though.

1 Like

RTB was designed to be THE complexity of the spec as introduced in Legion.

The problem is RTB currently has a slew of talents and set bonus to make it “acceptable”. But now the spec has to contend with other RNG factors like Crackshot and the second Sinister Strike which follows with Opportunity Procs. Worse, the spec in the past could be okay with consistent energy management but now it is feast or famine due to AR.

That is the issue in that there is too much RNG going on and relies on too many things out of player control to go right.

So they took the Legion spec and amplified it in terms of RNG and outside factors out of player control.

4 Likes

They can fix it, as I said, Roll the Bones should roll a max 1 buff at a time, and each buff should change the rotation/play style, which was the original design intention of the ability which got lost in severe RNG.

3 Likes

The reason why currently RTB has a lot of weaker buffs is to improve the uptime on multiple buffs (eg 2 and 3 buffs).

But the original complaint with RTB was the chance of having a bad roll that dropped your DPS. All they had to do was merge SND and RTB ensuring that you always had constant DPS with SND even with a bad buff roll.

The entire spec is throttled because of RTB interaction with Count the Odds. The set bonus just masks this now but once that is gone the spec is going to feel like running mud.

People can deal with the complexity of Underhanded Uppercut and Crackshot. But the problem is RTB as it impacts a lot of how other talents function.

While it does add an heir of random and thus unreliable I find it to be an exciting challenge to play parallel with.

A more consistent asset in the form of an early talent tree specialization could be great!
_
‘Slick Roller’ or ‘Loaded Dice’

RTB now grants (‘Static buff ambiguatiom’) subsequent rolls now increase duration and (‘Effectiveness or Additional Bonus’).
_
For most players RTB following a step ladder rather than an actual random roll would be a start but for me ruins the fantasy of how dodgy the thematic thug-life class fantasy is.

While everyone hates me for it: I do still enjoy the class right now from a long line of playing exclusively combat in early expansions. It’s just a little rough, like living the 1%.

– Another short hand idea is that every second RTB you get a KS proc for a certain amount of static strikes or a free between the eyes, double combopoint ambush or the likes of similar buffer to keep you going but that might over-do single target burst damage as it is when you’re a high roller in the opener.

They need to bring back the Combat playstyle.

Nobody likes this rework.

I hate using guns, I hate being a Pirate!

Allow us to spec into a Combat Rogue Playstyle, heck even allow a bit of button bloat as you will, but get rid of this RNG BS and let us have fun again!

I used to be the greatest Combat Rogue in the Galaxy
before the dark times
before
Outlaw

2 Likes

Its funny because Blizzard is completely capable of just offering animation packs to players, want to be a swashbuckler, all your abilities are animated as such, want to be a gunslinger, all your abilities are now Blunderbuss and Pistols

1 Like

Ah yes. Rolling when you have 1 buff, rerolling when your 2 buffs are almost over to gain a 3rd buff is so hard. At no point in time other than opener should you have less than 2 buffs.
Its not even close to “needless bloat” either.

Just because you dont like something doesnt mean its bloat. In that case, Unholy Death Coil is needless bloat.

speak for yourself? i love being outlaw and alot of others do too. if you want combat then classic is right around the corner

1 Like