Have the devs given up on STV?

Instead of funneling people around the boss for the extra blood, it should be zone wide. That way there will be less lag. Also stop it from being a group on top of group on top of group on top of group fest where you literally Rez to get 1 or two kills only to die again and rinse and repeat. Or make it to where it’s faction vs faction.

3 Likes

This isn’t a hobbyist project. Giving up = no more healthcare

1 Like

Big agree.

STV is great now. Best PvP event Blizzard ever implemented.

I strongly disagree but it could be if they forced people to spread out rather than dog pile one spot.

Yeah, OP. The dev’s have completely given up on it.

Oh, wait …

Thank you for linking a thread about layering issues, something I didn’t bring up at all, from nearly 2 weeks ago. Did you read either post?

2 Likes

While I generally am enjoying SoD (probably far too much), and have mostly good things to say about its content, the sleeping bag is something I really don’t like at all.

I’m not sure if they just didn’t anticipate that people would want to take 3 minute breaks at the start of dungeons, which is super boring, imo. Just not a great time.

With regards to the STV event though, it’s fun enough that I do it just for fun, so…

:woman_shrugging:

this may be harsh, but as a software developer it does feel to me that, SoD team is actually a very “Junior” team - they are probably learning the game code and making small adjustments or modifications, the runes are overly simple, most runes are spells or effects we already have on another future version of WoW, and some stuff that is actually new was either totally broken or remains broken.

and there are two main issues with STV:
#1. the rewards… there should be absolute none, no reputation, no items, no mount, all we get is honor points as rewards at the very end.
#2. layer system… it’s an issue and it’s extremely simple to solve, when my party arrives all 5 or perhaps the last person arrives and there is no more space in the leaders layer, count how many players are in each layer and move everyone to the layer with least people.

this would make 1 layer full and all other layers even… we now have LAG when the layer is full and too many players around… well, say layer now can hold 500 ppl, switch to 250… oh, but this may feel “empty” - who cares… we get no LAG with 250, increase to 300… no lag, increase to 350.

they take off the rewards at least 50% of the PvE people won’t even come close to STV… this alone would solve most issues we currently have… whoever joined wouldn’t be spamming an altar cuz, guess what, you are playing now to survive since most who really likes to PvP do not like to die and will likely not accept to respawn to walk to a place knowing they will die.

the event itself was IMO a very decent idea… it’s just, as usual, poorly executed.

1 Like

They didn’t give up, they made the loa easier to kill. All they gotta do is make it so you can’t get bloods, and or are immune to damage within a few yards of an altar. That would fix lag, miltiboxing mages, etc.

Yes, actually. I did.

You’re claiming STV is abandoned with your (typical) doom and gloom thread.

Clearly, they’re still tweaking things and working on the event which indicates in how they’re not “giving up on STV”.

Let me help you out. The question mark means it was a question, not a claim. A question you “answered” with a completely unrelated post about layering which has been a separate, ongoing issue for a while. Other than that, it has been radio silent re: STV for a while now. It’s incredible how quickly people dismiss discussion about problems with the game as doomposting.

I believe I already did this for you with my follow up response to your nonsense. The event is being tweaked, as I already said, and if there is a blue asking for feedback on -anything- in the game from the player base and even goes so far as to indicate how they’re listening to feedback … then (repeating myself) the event is not being “given up on”.

You can try to play mental gymnastics however you so choose, but my point stands in how they’re actively working to improve the event - starting with the layers.

But, here … I’ll play along with you. “Yep. STV is abandoned … game is dying … we should unsub.”

Am I doing this right?

Don’t talk about mental gymnastics then pull this type of garbage. In what way did I even remotely imply that the state of STV affected ANYTHING other than STV? Or that the health of the game as a whole depends on how this event plays out? Think really hard on this one. Again, people like you stifling any type of discussion about issues with the game because all you can see is doomposting does absolutely no one any favors. Plenty of echo chambers if you seek them.

This is getting way off topic so I’ll refrain from replying unless you want to talk about anything I actually said.

You’ll be doing both of us a favor. :wink:

I actually agree with you.

Should have been straight up FFA without the nonsense.

1 Like

Hard agree

People getting paid who never read the forums.

2 Likes

quiet quitting!! it’s a thing.

and it looks like… this.

Thoughts and prayers.