Have good news? Share it here!

Hi guys.

Things are just so dark in the world currently, and especially with what’s happening right now all over the country. It’s hard to not get caught up in the sadness of it all. If you have something exciting/good to share, do it here! I still firmly believe that we are more alike then we are different, and our love for WoW and the world it helps us escape to is a very powerful thing. :slight_smile:

I’ll start! We got a new puppy a few weeks ago and she’s doing really well. Her older brother, River, just celebrated his 1 year old birthday and we made him a big juicy steak for dinner! He loved it. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I made a new group of friends right here on these forums. <3

2 Likes

Good news? Well that cop that killed George Floyd is being charged with murder.

Another rather funny story with that monster. People waited outside his house. He tried to have food delivered 3 times but every time this happened and the driver found out who he was, they didn’t deliver the food so he’d stay hungry.

I do love a bit of chaotic good justice

7 Likes

How exciting :smiley: Friends… yes… I need to find some of those, haha.

I figured he’d be in trouble. His face was all over everything.
Surprised gangs didn’t get to him yet. I have doubts in the justice system over there to see him get proper punishment though. :frowning:

But yay for karma, at least.

1 Like

I just found out that with a work schedule change , I am going to have 1 week off. Totally excited about it. Just planning on hanging at the beach and getting a few things done at the house.

2 Likes

Given the state of the world in 2020 I’m honestly just happy to still have my job and that none of the people I care about have contracted Covid-19.

With things returning to semi-normal I should also get to see my niece and nephew again soon. They’re adorable little balls of energy.

4 Likes

There is no good news happening right now for me.

In fact, there is bad news.

nothing good ever happened

I got my second Unguent Caress today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s bad but what’s worse is the people. People raiding and pillaging businesses because of it causing harm to others. Riots also are a nice shield for other crimes, so much police attention is on the riots. Then there is the unreported injuries from the riots on both sides. Literally setting buildings on fire. All for the sake of “justice”. The cop isn’t a good guy, but it sure says something about the rioters morality as well.

2 Likes

Lots of great news here. And a puppy! Yay. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’ve always been happy with working less hours, but my work (a school) offered me 5 days this term, and I accepted. The money has been really good, and although I am no longer time rich, I am certainly money rich! (For me.)

I’m getting my computer fully upgraded, and I’ve bought an oven, a dishwasher and a dryer for my Family.

As the saying goes… Money doesn’t buy happiness, but it buys things, and things can give happiness.

Next term, or the term after, I’ll go back to my two days, and I’ll be able to write and paint again, but for now, I’m enjoying the fruits of my labours!

3 Likes

A lot of police scanners caught police talking about being undercover and acting as aggressive protestors.

I didn’t want to explain that detail in a good news thread

3 Likes

I hope everything works out ok for you.

2 Likes

this fits right in here

1 Like

That tune is permanently in my mind!

1 Like

I managed to buy toilet paper.

2 Likes

^^^ This and sadly even if that weren’t the case you’re always going to have opportunistic buttholes take advantage of a situation causing a potentially productive peaceful protest to be undermined and get ugly fast. IE- Occupy Wallstreet was going well until some opportunists and rabblerousers undermined it via looting and turning it into a riot made the movement that was to address the HUGE ongoing class inequality issue fall apart.

On topic though- getting the hang of digital art so art commissions down the road mayhap!

1 Like

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son. For whoever believes on Him will not perish, but will have eternal life.

The Good News.

1 Like

Today is my 40th wedding anniversary! :grinning:

3 Likes