Have Any Of You Ever Criticized WoW Before? (Feedback Post)

Off the top of my head!

Phoning it in with lack of content in certain expansions. The first half of DF was crazy as far as content goes, very encouraging, but I feel like the back half is going to be super stale, we’ll see.

Phoning it in with class/race support, they don’t want to do the animation/model work for more druids, more dhs, more evokers. They can pull more race/class combination lore like a magician pulls a rabbit out of a hat, but interestingly enough they can’t when it would take more work. Same idea for dracthyr mog, it’s a low effort joke, I hate dracthyr but I still feel bad about how they were screwed, especially considering that a fully armored dragon-person could be magnificent.

Introducing systems and then letting them waste away, archaeology, crafting in general at points, brawlers guild, it’s a shame

A general “we’ll tell you what you want” attitude, although this seems a little better nowadays.

1 Like

I was pro-Blizzard until MoP. I had a trial account toon in a guild, which wasnt supposed to be possible at the time. It had happened that it was an old trial toon from back in TBC, when it WAS possible… I was able to play that trial again in MoP when Bliz changed the rules, but after a few weeks, I found myself removed from the guild-- a guild where I was the only member.

I wrote a ticket and the GM said I had been reported, and that trial toons being in guilds was unintended. I pointed out that I had friends in similar situations, and then he asked me for names…

That was the moment I lost faith in them.

1 Like

Wow I never knew trial characters could be in guilds but I also never played in TBC so that could be it. I bet that GM asked for the names so you could rat them out. Probably wanted to punish the people you named for having the trial characters in a guild.

Requiring Level 50 to use custom group finder is terrible.

1 Like

When an expansion becomes legacy content, I feel like there should be steps taken, to ensure that it can be fun for players who are not going to spend two years in it. Whether that means faster expansion resource gathering (looking at you, Anima), shorter timers (for WoD buildings, mission tables including shipyard, etc), more travel options (Magni in Silithus via portal room to Kul Tiras or Zandalar to Silithus), loosen restrictions (follower limits, class hall bonuses, garrison plots),etc.

Removing questlines, when they could just remove the major reward. This doesn’t make sense, and also ties into my extreme dislike of FOMO, where anything is removed just for the sake of it. It’s a digital item. There is no reason to remove something that can always be available, just to try to get people hyped into trying to earn the thing before time runs out. This just causes grief for people who arrive afterwards, and then find out that it’s unobtainable.

Last one for now, the pendulum-swinging monkey’s paw updates. “We don’t like borrowed power,” becomes no tier sets. “We want to continue flying in each expansion,” becomes pathfinder. “WoW needs player housing,” ends up just being Garrisons. “RNG is terrible,” turns out to be a bunch of bracers from the Vault.

On the plus side, I am more hyped about Warbands than I can remember ever being about anything in WoW. I have A LOT of characters, and have missed out on a lot of transmog over the years, a lot of repeated reputations, and I am looking forward to the unified character select screen and account bank. I wonder if it will work anything like the Legacy Cargo in SWTOR.

1 Like

There are things that annoy me in WoW - but not usually enough to quit. Take demon-draenei, I think their presence in the game as playable options is blowing an offensively huge hole in the lore, but other people seem very excited about it, so I just personally won’t do the storyline, even though I do love achievement points. Not worth quitting over. :dracthyr_shrug:

I also participated in the forum campaign to make the otterworldly ottuk more unique (no ragrats) and I’m anti-hunter’s mark as the raid buff (and salty about a 1k feedback thread on the PTR with literally 0 blue replies, with the majority of hunters expressing strongly negative views about the hunter’s mark raid buff). Again, not worth quitting over when I can be annoying on the forums instead.

1 Like

Have played for a while, at least seen every expansion launch on this acct.

Dragonflight’s introduction was extremely underwhelming. And first impressions are very important. From the perspective of worldbuilding and such.

Then, on top of that poor introduction (coming here on a boat with Toddy telling us it’s the “adventure of a lifetime!”), the worldbuilding didn’t improve while going through the initial questing touching down on each zone 1 by 1. The zones themselves were bland, didn’t vary the usual significant amount between each other like zones in most WoW expansion continents do, and individually held nothing memorable (Thaldraszus, or however it is spelled, might be the most forgettable non-“Alterac Mountains” zone in this entire game) and the different groups of NPC’s, insufferable. Like they were intended from the start to not be taken seriously whatsoever.

Gotta hook players in, gotta make the game feel epic with more to come. World of Warcraft might need the “War” again.

1 Like

Thought of another one today, since I completed Trader’s for the month:

• When they create anything called a ‘set’, that set should be complete. An armor ‘set’ should include all visible slots. A weapon ‘set’ should contain every weapon type. For example, the covenant sets included all slots for all armor types, and many, if not all weapon types (might have been missing guns/crossbows, but I haven’t gotten that far on a Hunter). The new reward for the Trading Post is 3 weapons, called a ‘set’ but does not include many options. I think it’s a staff, a 1H sword, and a dagger. It’s disappointing.
1 Like

I didnt like Shadowlands and I thought the story was a bit silly, especially with how much it affects future and past lore.

But this is a video game and I’m pretty content with life so if there’s something I don’t particularly like, I kinda just… step away silently for a bit.

2 Likes