Hateful Eye

For some reason this never dropped for my lock in legion and I wanted to go back and grab it… but the ritual requires five people to cast? How can i get this pet if there are not four other locks to summon the miniboss?

1 Like

At least three, AFAIR. Yeah, it’s pretty much dead for now.

Blizz should make this solo-summonable. Certainly, the fight is soloable by any 120 except maybe a brand new one decked out in quest greens. (And maybe even those too.)

1 Like

Demon hunters are also able to get it through their class hall research, as far as I know. Their version can be done solo as well. It is rather annoying if you are invested in your warlock already, like I am. At least DH’s start at 98 and we have the 100% exp buff going on if you don’t have one at a suitable level. Heck, perhaps I should add that to my to-do list.

3 Likes

If you’re a demon hunter, there’s a good chance It will drop from elite mobs in Mardum. Mobs with the greatest chance to drop Hateful Eye are below.

Zaldrok = 16% chance
Dro’zek = 14% chance
Dal’grozz = 14% chance
Gurgstock = 13% chance
Dargrol = 10% chance
Firecaller Rok’dunn = 10% chance

1 Like

Requires the Tier 2 Order Hall Advancement upgrade ability Twisting Nether (Demon Hunter), or Demonic Offering (Warlock). Upon selecting this, you can periodically summon Demon bosses that can be killed for various loot, including this pet.

I got mine on my DH. You have a once daily chance for the pet, so it might take you a few kills. You click the crystal next to Loramus Thalipedes, and it ports you to this little spot. Then you click on the Fel Tome to channel it, and it summons the demon.

2 Likes

But you can’t actually go back there… it’s a phased instance, isn’t it? You can’t get back to the DH starting zone.

True, but you can always make a new demon hunter.
You might need to make a DK on a new realm and level it to 70 first to be able to make one there, as you can only have one demon hunter per realm.

It’s not the starting zone, you access it from downstairs in your class hall. IIRC you click on some crystal or maybe it was speaking to a demon… I forget.

The demon is a pain to kill solo at low levels just FYI, he has a lot of HP and the mechanics hurt. I had to do it as vengeance (taking even longer) until I hit 110 and had decent gear.

You also get the vengeance hidden artifact appearance from the demons too.

1 Like

The fact that the summoning process is solo-capable for DHs shows that it can (and should) also be solo-capable for warlocks. (It also proves that DHs only steal the very best features from warlocks.)

I get it, there’s the cool lore of warlocks requiring a group to do the most dangerous summons (looking at you, vanilla Ritual of Doom), but let’s not kneecap legitimate and desirable features because of some overweening lore nerdery.

2 Likes

Many of these, i deleted.
As loot, i had the option to trade them with members of my group.
Could that possibly work?