Hate blood elves want high elves?

Mechaelves??

Yes, MechaElves.

Hahaha I could try that!
Thanks for the info!

There have been some retconing, but basically, the blue eye color is caused by millenia living by a fountain of arcane. Arcane usage makes your eyes glow blue, and high elves were doing it for thousands of years.

3 Likes

Ohhh I see thanks!!! :blush::blush::blush:

As were, of course, the other guys. :wink:

I can not unsee that.

If we are talking about Blood Elves, yeah, until they got irradiated by fel and got green eyes.

If we are talking about Night Elves, they kinda should have blue eyes to, remember the NE on the Ysera death cinematic? Blue eyes!

Wait why do we have white like eyes ?

Honestly? Not sure, maybe is the power of Elune or something hehehe.

1 Like

Lol new thread:
Blue eye customization for everyone!!!

2 Likes

I have actually been reading this op - ed on the matter pretty interesting thought I would share.

xhttps://gamestoday.info/pc/world-of-warcraft/the-reason-why-the-high-elf-discussion-isnt-going-away/

On Blood Elves, yes - and per Blizzard that taint is fading which would naturally lead them back to those baby blues. Or gold in the case of priests and pallies.

Night Elves? depends on the power source
my eyes were golden until I joined the Army of the Black Moon and got a makeover. One NPC doth not a template for an entire race make. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah I just read it, it reads like a replay of all of the “Ion doesn’t know what he’s talking about” posts I see on the forums on a regular basis.

1 Like

For the reason I mentioned. Someone cited it a while back. They wanted it to be a player choice.

2 Likes

Oh I see thanks!!

1 Like

I dont think they are trying to discredit him or anything. just saying it wasnt his job to write the stories and hasn’t been around for the whole time was their main focus about ion.

I do like that same guy’s take on the whole “Wranduin still makes sense because Anduin was exaggerating when he blamed Wrathion for his father’s death - he was under the influence of N’Zoth and over-reacted. My ship still floats!” BS:

https://gamestoday.info/pc/world-of-warcraft/wrathion-is-directly-responsible-for-varians-death/

He lays it all out perfectly, and it’s a great cannon to aim at the ships. I’ll be firing it at the next Wranduin Shipping Thread.

Mmm, I wouldn’t say naturally cause so far it looks like the green is only getting replaced by gold. There’s a ton of implications, such as only light energy can “overpower” the fel because its cleansing power on it and blue will take maybe lot longer on returning. If it returns at all and golden light doesn’t usurp it.

But it’s all conjecture, Blood Elves could get blue eyes tomorrow and it would just be like, “oh yeah”. It really can go either way, I just don’t vibe it with calling it a done deal, cause who knows with these devs heh.

NE’s already should have golden and silver eyes for both genders, and blue implied as well, AND the black moon groupie. Honestly shadowlands might be very good for NE customization.

2 Likes

One thing is for sure his opinions get read more then ours.