Has Westfall Recovered

Pretty straight forward. Any new details on Westfall? Have all the people there starved or have they managed to get the farms up and running again? Did we adventurers make a difference when questing there like 10 years ago in doing anything other than slaughtering the Defias who tried to organize the homeless malnourished peasants? Is Sentinel Hill still on fire?

1 Like

You see it briefly in Shadow’s Rising and no appears to be the answer. There’s still Cataclysm environmental problems and it sure seems like the people are poverty stricken and have little to no respect for the crown.

3 Likes

But don’t forget:

The Alliance are the good guys!!! :joy:

Well I don’t think the massive rift is something that can just be resolved, at least.

I have to imagine the status of the fields is at least better without the Defias making a mess of things.

Have the shaman and druids flood the rift, bam! You have a lake and a fresh water supply.

Seriously, imagine what amounts to a giant moonwell filled with wisp-blessed water in Westfall. It would literally work wonders for the hungry/homeless population.

Honestly all the Cata’s effects are weird now. The Southern Barrens was rapidly being covered in a lush oasis, which sounds cool, but most of the plantlife is hostile and become strong enough to ensnare and flaik grown Tauren around.

Which sounded like a pretty big problem but, zero idea how that went.

Wasn’t that the state of Cata and the Tauren wanted to observe it further? Does there exist and new lore about it?

Cata in general is just weird content wise. I got an IRL friend to play recently who also stopped during Legion, and he thought all the warfare stuff was BFA related. The contents so old it actually briefly felt appropriate four expansions later.

My favorite is everytime I fly into Silverpine and you have Forsaken and Worgen clashing over two now ruined kingdoms. That’d actually be a sad, philosophical sort of setting if it was two ghost armies locked in eternal conflict over ash and debris. But it’s just lazy world updating.

3 Likes

That’s so silly lol. I feel like tons of people would have died? Remember in the Cata quests there’s like tons of homeless outside Sentinel Hill that you feed soup too… but like how can Stormwind continue to import food to keep them afloat when it itself needs feeding,? Which ties into my other thread.

I wish we knew more about this game worlds economy. How the hell does production work? Where are the farms to feed these urban centers? They hint at trade sometimes but not actual production beyond small handicrafts. They seem to want us to think an entire worlds economy, INCLUDING A MASSIVE WAR ECONOMY SINCE HALF THE GAME INVOLVES WAR, can friggin function on like small scale little family farms and like small artisans.

1 Like

I mean, this is all based on a game where a single peasant can have a farm, town hall, and barracks set up in a matter of minutes…

“More work”?

Honestly the magical nature of the setting seems like it’d do away with a lot of typical problems.

You’d think Druids and Shaman could use their powers to make land fertile. Mages can conjure food. And I’m still amazed no enterprising Death Knight isn’t using zombies to provide free labor for the construction of affordable housing. Do wonders for their public image.

3 Likes

I would try and not think too hard about it. We have a saying within one of my other gaming communities. Every time you try and understand the game’s economy, God kills a catgirl.

Please think of the catgirls, Spuddy.

True, though I can suspend or forgive some of that because of the type of game, 1 peasant could be representative of like a whole team, and we can’t expect in a strategy game for it take forever to set up all the buildings. I’m thinking more of the story, and some of the stuff we see in the world of the world of warcraft.

Yeah like where does the food come from… I assume that’s like a game mechanic thing and not, actually in the story.

I just think it makes a setting more interesting for there to be some level of explanation! I mean, I am not asking for every last detail, just some basics.

It depends on the catgirl…

They could. But most simply don’t seem to use such things (I think Quel’thals does).
Even the Drakkari did something on their fields with elementalists.

I would actually like to see something like that (somwere).

Woah Now I am gonna have to revisit this zone because if I remember correctly they have like, Aqueducts?! Which seems like advanced… Like a troll empire had Aqueducts something you don’t see anywhere else in the games world.

3 Likes

Indeed they had! I really like Zul’Drakk. It’s so very unique and advanced in it’s own way. The Darkkari also invented the Troll guardian golems.
I was kinda confused we didn’t saw any aqueducts in Zandalar.

2 Likes

Compare that with Stormwind, which still uses public canals infested with giant crocodiles…

To be fair the canals have their very own benefits too. Sure aqueducts would help a lot. Canals help not only for defense though (if not passable by sea). They also can help with trade and transport. In the past water ways were often more useful than roads.

1 Like