Has there even been ANY community outreach?

I’ve been browsing the forums for a while since I have nothing to do while in queue (5.5 hours so far, so sick.). Has there even been any outreach to explain what’s going on? Why they’re throttling server connections (all realms are medium according to https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/status/classic-us) instead of reducing the queue times and letting people play? All I’ve seen so far is they they launched a new Oceanic server.

Are you telling me there isn’t some social media hire that can’t give an update as to what the heck is going on?

1 Like

The most I have paid attention to is the release of new servers. In fact they said they are releasing 3 more servers.

Anything on the throttling of servers? The insane queue times and the hundreds of thousand of people waiting? Nothing to address them?

With the drops of new servers, they are encouraging people to migrate to them to alleviate their queue experience.

That doesn’t even list all of the servers…

As opposed to just not throttling the queues and letting the servers fill?

I’m pretty sure Blizzard are beyond embarrassed at this point. They’ll probably force some poor soul to post something soon enough though.

1 Like

Okay, minus the 3 they just opened. My point is the same.

They’ve opened more than three that aren’t on that list

Edit: 8 by my count, but I don’t feel like logging out to check the server list.

Yeah, I’ve been in the queue for 5.5 hours already, there’s no way I’m backing out to look. The realm status list does include the 5 they opened before launch started when they opened up characters to the full limit.

Regardless, there hasn’t been a peep about anything else.

Ashkandi, Kirtonos, Kromcrush, Kurinnaxx, Rattlegore, Deviate Delight, Smolderweb, and Sulfuras are the 8 realms I know of that aren’t on that list. I’ve heard that blizzard opened 15 in total, but I don’t know which ones they are.

15 in total including EU possibly? But that doesn’t change the fact that I’m in a guild and all of my friends are playing on the server I’m queue’d for. Opening new realms doesn’t fix that. AND we haven’t heard anything about anything other than “Opened a new realm, get over there quick to fall into a new queue!”

Yet another way in which blizzard is completely failing

I don’t know which server your guild chose, but we’ve known for over a week that realms marked full would have an excessive wait time.

We switched from Herod to Stalagg when they asked everyone to move… So now we should move to a new server again?

They need to start layering the login server. KappaHD

1 Like

Grom never hit “full” yet an 8k+ queue is present.

But what do you want to hear?

They told you days ago if you dont want to move then you’re going to wait.

1 Like

If it were me, I’d post just the facts, tack on some conciliatory boilerplate, and be done.

1 Like

“sorry we were idiots about under estimating Classic’s popularity. We’re going to stop throttling logins so that people who have been stuck in queues for almost 6 hours can finally play”

2 Likes