Has the Community Council run out of ideas?

I think this is right on. GD has too much traffic and trolls to inspire good conversation and meaningful debate.

I mean, going with the quote above, it’s good that the CC isn’t posting anything and everything they fart out off the top of their head. Then you just end up with nonsensical or negligible changes.

If they want more discussion they may need to increase the number of participants.

2 Likes

True, actually i saw some replies from members that didn’t reply on the Introduce Yourself thread, but directly into some post, i was expecting 100 players from day 1 and better Dev response time, however at least for me, it was launched on a really bad moment, because they’re preparing 10.0 video…etc and 9.2 release.

Yes they are completely out of ideas. You’ve figured it out.

thanks i read the topic, that’s the kind of conversation that i hope for a topic, however it wasn’t like the main OP topic, it was like a side topic that surge from Legacy loot main topic, i would like to see low drops, rarity…etc this hot conversation as a solid topic, there’s players that consider a skip for Sieg of Orgrimmar as a diminish of the rarity of some cosmetics, because they suffer the whole raid for several attempts, it’s like my example with those love rocket changes. there’s rarity in the game and rarity imposed by the playerbase.

I also just added to my QoL thread:

2 Likes

I’ll change love rocket name for X45-hearthbreaker i think that´s the name used now but for me its easier big love rocket, thanks, i don´t know if all levels but at least a permanent minimum so we don´t have a goal that moves each expansion. Actually when it was launched, you could spam it with a single character, not alts needed, as per playerbase perception that mount has rarity depending on the patch you got it.

thanks a lot Letholas

1 Like

What dev wants to explain that the fun feature was cut because it interfered with the MAUs?

I mean isn’t that the main reason fun stuff doesn’t get implemented?

Oh I forgot ‘technical limitations’ due to lack of proper server capacity. No dev will take the heat for saying that, in fact they’d probably get fired if they were honest.

1 Like

I don’t know if that’s the main reason but i think there’s a lot of things that they won’t say at all.

I’ve waited for better holidays events for years, compared to OW that at least has Lunar Brawls and rewards, there’s not any new questline, pvp brawl, worldquest…etc around holidays, WoW Devs have a mindset around the expansion and that´s it, its really rare to see them to launch a patch and also add a questline or something on old content, the most recent examples are the murloc pets puzzles added as secrets, but this game need to breath and provide content on the whole world not only the current expansion.

I wrote off the Community Council as soon as the Prosident fiasco happened. The sad thing is, though, I agreed with pretty much all of Prosident’s topics. He was pro-casual, anti-FOMO, etc, while many Council members are the opposite.

Another thing I am a fan of is the story, but the Community Council member who signed up to talk about the story is not posting. He writes a Russian blog about WoW, which he updates fairly regularly.

http://kiraser.blogspot.com/?m=1

I don’t blame him.

2 Likes

There were. Even some of the bad ideas were interesting enough that could be tweaked and used in a different capacity.

Other my realm forums that was the only one I ever read.

Actually nobody has mentioned storytelling as a topic, lore…etc when it’s a big issue, maybe Blizzard won’t confirm if somethings were decisions from previous employees and they don´t want to follow that line now. But it’s like a really huge topic among the playerbase, personally i don´t like the transmedia between Books and Game, they did a great job with Talanji cinematics and then the story was moved to Shadows Rising book… there´s a lot of book elements that are missing in game and they don’t care about their own lore by removing Nathanos as a World Boss on the pre patch event, it triggered the cinematic against Tyrande, also the whole Burning of Teldrassil as questline removed…etc

Blizzard actually confirmed that they sometimes change lore for a character depending on playerbase response like Bwonsamdi and Denathrius that players really like these voice actors and characters lore.

2 Likes

I think the obsession with the community council and community council members is what’s keeping them from posting.

No one signed up to be a forum celebrity or a forum punching bag.

The Community Council should have had anonymity.

2 Likes

Honestly this it should of been this way

1 Like

People are coming down pretty hard on the CC. I feel like part of the issue is that people want the CC to act the same way the would act if they were a member of the CC. Personally I would rather see members post about topics they care about. I feel this would allow them to create topics they are more likely to keep up with.

Right now the main problem with the CC is that there are not enough people to cover the different types of interest for people. There needs to be more people that care about lore, mount drops, fomo, pet battles, questing, transmog, etc. Right now we have a lot of different flavors of pvp, raiding, and M+ with a little rp. That is really not enough for most communities to feel represented. So it is not that the CC has run out of idea, just out of representation.

3 Likes

Honestly, one hundred members was never going to be enough. They should have gotten one hundred members for each category.

I can’t speak for everyone on the CC, but personally I have had very little time or energy to put into this recently because of real life happenings, and I try to put in a little extra time and effort into most of the things I’m writing about. I have several posts lined up that I’m just not happy about yet, that I want to work on before I actually post it. Everyone on the CC have their own reasons for posting or not posting anything.

On some topics not being covered, I’m planning to cover several of them (story, lore, questing, among others) at some point, and others might just not have popped up yet because there haven’t been any council members that wanted to write about that, yet. Pet battles being a good example, I think.

I think it’s mostly important to let everyone go at their own pace, and let them talk about the things they care about.

4 Likes

True and thanks for your post, you are one of the oldest CC members like first wave of invites.

That’s totally true and understandable, my thread is more about if there’s council members like you busy with real life stuff and other things , there should be others doing post, talking being an alive forum section and Devs too but they’re probably busy with 9.2/10.0, So, at least on my own opinion, it feels like a little bit shut down, since i was expecting some Q&A, call as mentioned on the video besides the forum section and i don’t think there’s 60-70 members yet, CC was launch too soon.

3 Likes

He was the voice of the people.

If they can’t take the heat then they were out of place from day 1. We all knew this would happen if you get picked. It’s a responsibility and not a welfare mvp position. You engage in the name of the community to improve the game.

While I do agree with you, don’t forget, you have been posting more than other people. Some of them just were active for the introduction posting and never came back.

6 Likes