Has pvp gear not been “discovered yet”

Except you didn’t in classic. Perhaps you should return to the version of the game you enjoy, where players are forced to do PvE!

1 Like

I mean, I get the point you’re making…

People who PVP regularly will rise in rank and have access to pretty decent gear when they hit 60, and weapons too once AQ comes out.

And my point was, well… maybe that should encourage more people to participate in PVP.

2 Likes

Well, unless things change, that gear will not remotely compete with AQ gear. So that in and of itself is a problem. Besides the problem of no gear progression before that.

I mean Blizzard can do whatever they want. Maybe they thought about this and decided there wasn’t enough of a threat to subs in neglecting this aspect of classic. It’s entirely there prerogative. I’m just here to provide feedback from my personal point of view.

Getting rid of rank decay is a great change and will definitely encourage more people to PVP.

2 Likes

Yes you did, you are a retail player…vanilla was pve for gear in general both pvp and pve are you insane? Did you even play vanilla? all of the bis gear for pvp came from raiding

there is no split pve or pvp mode, its vanilla its a entire MMO, you played all aspects of the game, that’s the point

you people have Retail mentality where game modes got split up into mini games with their own systems, that’s not classic or vanilla at all

YOU DID BOTH PVE AND PVP TO PROGRESS GEAR FOR BOTH PVP AND PVE how hard of a concept is that for you? that was literally how vanilla and old mmos functioned…

Maybe YOU should return to a version of the game where you just pvp for pvp gear and pve for pve gear, that’s not classic, that’s RETAIL

2 Likes

I didn’t. I just PVPed and the epic gear was great for countering raiders. True sweatlord raiders edged out PVP gear, but PVP gear at least remained competitive. Of course AQ gear invalidated PVP gear. But that was the start of some problems that continued to the next expansion and beyond.

The problem is there’s none of that for this season. There’s no PVP gear to grind that can compete with raiders who just stop by for a novelty game. That’s not how classic works.

So they should fix it ASAP.

1 Like

I love watching you cry on the forums.

2 Likes

Adult conversations providing feedback is not crying. But I see another one of your characters needs to be added to the ignore list. Bye.

1 Like

Oh, that’s what you call crying?

3 Likes

The PvP weapons were accessible as soon as ranking dropped, before BWL.

Someone said they were gating Rank14 until AQ.

Then they will have the bg weapons available. Mostly the AV ones.

Yeah, but they’ll have to grind AV rep…

I’m pretty sure the point that Partrock was making was that people who rank now are effectively already grinding better gear that they will get later.

You don’t get any closer to say Tier 2 gear for spam running Wailing Caverns now, so there’s no real PVE equivalent to obtaining decent end-game gear through PVP Ranking while leveling, before it becomes available.

Don’t even try. You’re explaining to a crowd that cannot be satisfied unless the devs sit with them and adjust everything to their specification. We’re leveling to 25 for a few weeks…maybe as many as 6-8 weeks. “But I only pee vee pee!!”

I think these people expect an entire overhaul of WoW so its no longer an mmorpg, don’t have to socialize with anyone, or can just sit in BGs at every phase of SoD to avoid actually playing the game. They should just go back to retail or play a pvp-centric game like Overwatch.

probably not. bye.

So PvErs get an “endgame raid” at 25 and PvPers get nothing? Do you not understand how dumb this sounds? Why would half the player base get endgame content and the other half gets absolutely nothing?

Sadly, you probably don’t.

This is the kind of hyperbole you expect from a child, or an adult with very limited emotional intelligence.

If you think that someone asking for commensurate gear to be available from pvp, as it is from raids, to overhauling the entire game then I’m not sure what approach might help you to understand the issue that has been raised in this thread.

It has been explained pretty clearly and concisely. If you don’t pvp as a large, or primary, part of your gameplay, then this conversation might be one best left alone. There’s lots of threads about bots.

1 Like

Correct!
This is that someone:

Thanks, Kaivax!

1 Like

Grand marshal gear wont be in until AQ. Pvp rank will be capped at rank 9 initially at level 60.

PVP Players were given the Ashenvale PVP event along with items to go with it. Yes its not an entire gear set but this is classic and people should be encouraged to do all the game modes. There is a ring and a trinket which are BiS from PVP, so PvE players if they want to get BiS will need to PvP as well.

I can understand coming from other versions that you were hoping for them to do an entire progression system for PvP as well, but they never stated they were going to do that. It’s ok to voice what you want, if there is enough interest, then it may happen in a future iteration.

This is supposed to gauge interest in other seasons or a potential classic+, this is basically a beta. Offering feedback to what you want is what they are looking for, please everyone keep an open mind and let people offer feedback to make the game better.

1 Like