Has elitism destroyed Retail?

To be fair, the main reason that “casuals” on the forum were in favor of covenant restrictions, was simply because people who did content were opposed to covenant restrictions.

Therefore, “casuals” wanted restrictions, because they have an intense hatred of the people who didn’t want restrictions.

Schadenfreude in action.

2 Likes

Not to mention the question of how many of those posters were actually different people.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be surprised… wouldn’t be the first time. coughMLcough

3 Likes

Who cares? A lot of players wanted to be able to switch whenever they wanted for the content they were doing.
Not everyone does only 1 form of content on 1 char, some like me like to do multiple.
Some like to experiment, some like to do wtf they want. Ok?

That restriction was idiotic, no other way to describe it.

Yes… they thought they were showing the middle finger to the raiders primarily.
When in fact, they just made a lot of players stop playing the game.

9.1.5 was the best patch SL had by a long shot.

i miss bfa conquest bar , i hate the vault .

You seem super salty. Maybe it’s time for a nap or a snack.

You could have done that with the OG system. Running one covenant over another didn’t lock you out of anything.

Your best argument, but if you want to make the rules fire up a private server.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the OG implementation but it wasn’t really going to be an issue for 99% of players.

Yeh with number wise they will do a lot better then failed activision could do…
Game wise, i think they can do better if they replace a few key people. Eg ion.

Removing WF/TF ruined a lot of guild running of low keys. You could get the same shot at a WF/TF item out of a 2 or a 20.

You aren’t entirely wrong, but casual doesn’t have an intrinsic negative meaning.

How am i salty when i literally got what i wanted?
Ofc most players bailed due to the stupid implementation, but hey, Blizzard’s loss.

It took 2 weeks to change covenants, do you even know what you’re arguing about?

Except it was, that’s why most players quit.
You can continue to dream in Lalaland that it was fine, but it wasn’t at all.

You can feel free to fire up a private server and play with the covenants restricted, since they’re unrestricted now.

The conquest bar was replaced with the vendors. The vault is the replacement for the weekly chest.

Wut?

TONS of people do +2’s every week for easy valor.

You can upgrade gear from +2 or even an (untimed) M0 dungeon all the way up to 272.

You want WF/TF to upgrade +2 gear? IT’S IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW - JUST WITHOUT THE RNG.

2 Likes

Content everyone can fail at = non toxic.

Content you can’t fail at = toxic.

Yes 10char

Content can’t be toxic. People are sometimes toxic.

2 Likes

How do you upgrade +2 gear if all you’ve done are +2s?

With valor. I don’t think you hit a ranking wall until a few upgrades in.

Mythic timers.

Clocks aren’t toxic.

2 Likes

They aren’t, unless you put a cherry on the completion time.

Which it’s designed to be for M+ and in some cases Raiding.