Has Blizzard finally decided twinking isnt allowed?

If blizzard was concerned about low lvl brackets then they would nerf arcane mage, boomy, or literally every healer. A 19 resto sham could out dps my 19 rogue. Blizzard does not care low lvl pvp, and seperating the brackets does not fix anything. Matchmaking sucks @$$, as ive been in plenty of xpon bgs where one team would have 4 healers and one team would have 0, especially recently. Class balance doesnt exist. Seperating the brackets fixes nothing and does nothing except screw over twinks, who are the only ones who stay in the brackets anyway.

4 Likes

10-19 has always had it’s OP classes. Twinks flock to those classes (I don’t blame them) . This is mainly due to some classes getting talents that are strong early on, that has always been the way.

Dont you think the same thing will happen again? Twinks in Classic will chase off the levelers and they wont bother to bg at all. No leveler wants to be stomped or farmed. Pve is more social and yields much needed blues. I predict twinks will be alone again in bg’s, lets just hope you have enough Twinks to make it fun. This generation of players are not the ones of old.

1 Like

Bad move. Blizz has always separated twinks from levelers in random bgs (apart from Legion)

Classic won’t have xp in Bgs though.

4 Likes

Classic won’t have levelers in bgs, just PvPers, because there is no xp in bgs.

I disagree. Most twinks seem to be oldschool MMORPG players, to me. The new generation of players seem to be the ones looking for safe space bgs and bans on people who gear their toons (which is how MMORPGs are played… build strength with gear, improve your toon, etc.).

5 Likes

Still it wont be a “fun place to go” for everyone while leveling for that reason (no xp) and because of twinks.

Thats exactly my point.

And some disagree. Plus, bonus is matches lasting longer than 10 minutes. There is a reason so many want classic back but it won’t be for everyone.

1 Like

Sounds like fun to me, playing with others who actually want to PvP.

I guess I misunderstood then, but why play an MMORPG if you don’t like the way it is meant to be played? *And more importantly, why try to break it for the people who do?

2 Likes

Hope classic has more people interested in low lvl PvP than retail.

1 Like

Classic seems to have more interest than retail overall.

4 Likes

One of our Titans has some similar feelings, Classic will be interesting.

3 Likes

No ones breaking anything, I was talking about attendance. There are many facets to an MMORPG.
Anyway, I cant wait, Im counting the days, and Ill be in those never ending WSG’s . Im so excited Im dreaming about it.

Understandably, question is how many will stick around after the first few weeks.

I’m unironically really looking forward to soul shards again.

1 Like

Remains to be seen of course, but I predict the players that didn’t nilla/BC will quickly tire of it. I’m thinking they will opt for creature comforts over wild west style gaming. With the current pop of this game being as dismal as it is, retail will take a bit of a hit from those of us wanting a rougher gaming exp leaving, classic will probably get a boost from oldies that don’t currently play retail coming back to play classic.

1 Like

The core of the MMORPG genre is lost on those who twink as means to circumvent the need to actually progress your character, not the levelers. Gear once, then done.

Lots of talk being thrown around about a generational need for “safe spaces.” Were battlegrounds before the split not safe spaces for twinks? A few other players were comparably geared and everyone else was an easy kill for you. Sounds pretty safe to me.

If you’re actually interested in participating in a breathing, evolving MMO with no safe spaces, then we’ll see you at 120.

If you just want to play in environments that don’t challenge you or require to grow your character, then just use the same exploits that the other watery-eyed protesters are using to continue to get their way.

2 Likes

Dont you feel the #nochanges people are the loudest voice in players?
Remember the straw that broke the camels back with Blizzard was the private server Nostalrious and the enormous petition the compiled. (google it)

Gotta remember Swifty makes money on views, and take anything he says with a grain of salt, I did watch the video. ( btw he’s missing a pinky, on his left hand! ( the one i use to do everything ) and still he was an amazing player. Much wow.

He understands that casuals are being catered to.
Lets hope that doesn’t happen in Classic.

2 Likes

BiS for twinks changes all the time, almost on a patch by patch basis. Twink gear is also sometimes much harder to aquire than max lvl. “breathing evolving” haha ya i sure do love all the new content in BFA, oh wait, everyone hates warfronts (not pvp like is that a joke? Esp in a pvp based xpac?), everyone hates island expeditions. Sure 120 has raids and dungeons… like 110, 100, 90, 85, 80, 70 and 60 wow such innovation. It almost feels like people hate bfa more than WoD.

3 Likes

I’ve never experienced less pvp at any point in wow. Gimme back my pvp server, dump war mode. It’s a terrible concept. Pve server people could always flag (war mode) whenever they wanted. All they did was do away with our pvp server environments.

2 Likes